• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverprop waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathBOB

what do you guys think about the silverprop blocks? Someone on another forum reccommended them as being nearly as good as a WW but much easier to set up. Im specifically asking about the Silverprop EvolutionS.
Look here

Looks like a nice block, but I don't have one, so that's observation.

Between the type 2 anodizing and the fact that the fittings are part of the top, I'd see no problems with corrosion as with others. The threaded holes for the barbs are a weak spot in aluminum topped blocks' annodizing IMHO, but they've taken steps to avoid that.
It may also need a lapping, but I'd do that with about any block anyway.

Joe mentions taking care to screw down the hold-downs evenly, seems like good advice. Maybe some small springs couldn't hurt.

I have a slit edge, and a next generation slit edge prototype (better still), and they rock. Joe's tests show this one beats the origional one by a tad, so it'd do you well.

I think i would use the other mounting device which uses the intel plastic bracket, so i dont need to worry about screws.

Back