• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive about had it with 865pe/875pe boards. ARGH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I dont understand this but every single 865/875 board Ive had, I hated.
I always ALWAYS end up going back to my trusty 4pea+ w/ 845pe and its the board performance wise, its smoother in windows even without my HT 2.8c its like UGH, what am I doing wrong.
Only if the 845pe was Dual channel I would be in heaven, thats what my experience is like right now.
Hell the cpuz and other dos latency tester showed latencies accross the board that are by far higher on my 865pe then they are on my 845pe , with or without PAT/GAT or whatever enabled.

Ive just dealt with the ASUS/ABIT and EPOX 865's and 875's I dont know why its just they dont like me for some reason lol.

Anyhow, was or is the 3.06GHZ HT processor a good overclocker now? are there any reports of it being a D1 stepping like the few B processors that have been made into D1's?
I guess this is my only logical upgrade from a 2.4b and try to get 3.6ghz or so out of the 3.06 if its possible.

Thanks

thats strange.. never had problems with my mobo... using 865 chip :)

My Shuttle SB75G2 i875 Canterwood is running smoother than the fuzz on a baby's b...

So far I'm loving it.

Back