• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering new mobo with good VDimm options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Okay folks need some advice here..

In a nutshell, I need more VDIMM to get the most out of this new BH-5 Hyper-X I got. My IS7-G is limited to a paltry 2.8v - not near good enough!! I need more! I'd like at least 3.1v and 3.3v would be even better.

Also need a canterwood chipset - might as well make the switch
Umm.. A northbridge fan cooler would be nice
Enough room for my HUGE Zalman CPU cooler
SATA
onboard LAN
AGP 8X (of course)

That's all I can think of at the moment.. Any good boards out there for what I need?

Thanks!! :D

Abit AI7 will give you vdimm settings up to 3.2v. There is maybe one mobo that allows 3.3v, but I don't remember what it is... maybe Epox?

My Abit AI7 is a charm, wonderful Vdimm and vcore options. I was freaked out by the slanted CPU, but my Zalman7000 covers the whole core anyway.

I'm considering an AI7 as well for the VDimm options.

Does anyone know of any other motherboards to consider? Other than the basics, the only thing I need is SATA RAID

I hear the canterwood based Epox board supports up to 3.3v to the DIMMs, but I don't see many people talking about it.. :confused:

Back