• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 and MBM5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jambaa

Registered
Anybody using these 2 together? Just set mine up and it's priming away. Uguru temps are 38-40, which seem kind of high for a nonOCed chip (2.4C). Are those temps reliable or has anybody gotten MBM5 to work with the AI7? What would be too high a temp for an unOCed CPU (that way I know I'll have to reseat/reapply AS5, whatever) Thanks.

Can you post your full system spec? That is aliitle high for non-OC but abit does read temps about 5C to high.

OK, here it goes. Compucase 6A19? with nice airflow (2 120mm fans), 2.4C with the nice stepping, stock Vcore, AI7 with updated Bios, Mushkin Black II 512X2 at 2-2-2-6, 2.8 Vdimm but seems to overvoltage to almost 2.9, SLK 947U with Panaflo 92mm (54cfm or something like that), 9800np with VGA silencer. Hope I didn't forget anything.

Case temps are around 28 at load and CPU/NWP? are about 38-40 at load, closer to 30 at idle. Here's another major problem - it seems like Prime95 and Toast won't use 100% of the CPU even at high or priority 10. They use at most 50%. I know my throttling is at 50%, but don't know if that is the problem. What is Delay to Thermal whatever also? FSB is set at 200 right now and this Intel experiment is giving me a headache. AMD>>>Intel right now:mad: , but it's probably due to my configuration. Another thing comes to mind, I very thinly spread AS5 on the heat spreader in this Intel CPU like I did on my previous XP2500 cause I thought it would work better or at least as well as the instructions on the AS5 website. Am I mistaken?

Ya cut the cpu-Throttling to disable and see what that does. Make sure you set the agp/pci to fixed. Your Vdimm is fine.

1. Your temps are fine. Remember to only compare to people with the same board.

2. The reason Prime only uses 50% is because of HT, Run two instances of prime and set one prime to use CPU 0 and the other one to use CPU 1 (Under Advanced - Affinity)
One other reason might be if prime is trying to use more than your available memory. I've got 1GB of RAM, and I've set each prime to use 400MB...

yup, sorry for the double post. Though it was sufficiently different names, but i'll correct it.

crotale said:
2. The reason Prime only uses 50% is because of HT, Run two instances of prime and set one prime to use CPU 0 and the other one to use CPU 1 (Under Advanced - Affinity)
One other reason might be if prime is trying to use more than your available memory. I've got 1GB of RAM, and I've set each prime to use 400MB...

Can you explain a bit more on how to do this? I think I've gotten 2 instances of Prime95 running based on the help.txt and I can set the CPU -0/1. How do you set the Ram limits? Under CPU or Preferences, it's set at 8KB, but I don't think that applies when you run the torture test. When I run 2 instances, one will hog up 900+MB and the other gets less than 30KB. Thanks!

Jambaa said:

Can you explain a bit more on how to do this? I think I've gotten 2 instances of Prime95 running based on the help.txt and I can set the CPU -0/1. How do you set the Ram limits? Under CPU or Preferences, it's set at 8KB, but I don't think that applies when you run the torture test. When I run 2 instances, one will hog up 900+MB and the other gets less than 30KB. Thanks!

Under Options - CPU, change daytime and nighttime available memory to less than half of you memory in each instance...

how exactly do u run 2 instances?
once i open prime, i cant open it another time, the screen just kinda refreshes itself and no new window opens
so what exactly am i supposed to do here?

I have the AI7 and those are about my temps with a 2.6C, mine is overclocked to 2.8 and i have a better Heatsink.

MBM5 is not supported because Abit has effectively locked out access on the uGURU chip on the board. It's explained on the MBM developers' support forum. GAT just refers to memory tweaking options and has nothing to do with hardware monitoring.

Back