• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Water Cooling any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they're copper.

No, they are solid copper, I looked into it. They are not aluminum. I think they are all solid copper. I cant find it anywhere to peice it together.

Yah, but with the OCZ rad and the 400GPH pump should'nt that be more than enough for a 2.6c running 3.2? It's 90 mm fan. I think the fact that it is OCZ is pulling me towards it. I know their thermal compound is'nt very good, but I want to use arctic anyway.

I see all the parts added together come to about $140 if you look on an overpriced website. It would be wise to take some time and consturct it yourself. Personaly, I would get an eheim 1048, an '87 chevette heatercore, an evercool aluminum fan, a bayres and a block of your choice. Right now the whitewater over at dtek is very good, and just about any waterblock will sufficefor a video card. Then run to your local hardware store and grab some clear tubing. This will be less expensive than that kit, and much better at cooling.

Seems like too much trouble to peice it together that way. Also have you seen the fit and finish on the Dangerden blocks? I attached a picture of one, you should look. The fit and finish from the machine looks aweful (see pic). At least with OCZ I know my blocks will gleem at me when I take that protective tape off. Also I have OCZ memory and that is pulling me to OCZ as well. I don't mind paying a bit more to get the bundle. Thanks for all the advice though, I really do apreciate it and plan to post here again in the future.

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 60
Just because you see imperfections does not mean you can feel them. They may be smoother than you think, and flatter.

There have been some quite in depth articles on lapping/polishing on the main page that would be worth a look.

I know plenty of people who bought kits, and ended up selling them and buying real water cooling, or used the kit to cool their northbridge while they made a custom setup for their cpu.

Yeah, I'd stay away from that. I don't understand your gravitational pull towards OCZ - I've never really liked them. Spending your money on a real system instead of a kit is a much better investment. I also think it'd be less work (and more fun) than you might think. :)

I love water-cooling. Everything about it gives me wood. BUT, if I had to choose between the OCZ kit (or any kit for that matter), or top end air-cooling, I would take the top end air in a heartbeat.

These kits DO NOT offer the performance to make it anywhere near worth the price.

I have the same ocz water cooling! I had to pay over 200 for it though. I bought it when it was newer I guess. The best thing about the kit is the pump. It's super quiet and has to be the quietest one you can get in that size. I have had it runing almost non-stop since I bought it too; so I am confident it will last me a long time. That's important to me. That it lasts. I've never heard of those other companies (not an expert on watercooling), but I have bought ocz before and it never fails. Ok, later on, just wanted to put a word in for the ocz kit. Works like a horse for me.

If you're willing to pay a bit more for a bundle than choose your own parts 1 by 1 from the tons of vendors that supply high quality/performance parts. Also checkout the Aquastealth 1/2" kit 95$. It's about the only kit thats is reasonably priced IMO. The parts are proven except the hit and miss via it comes with but what is this "High Performance 400GPH Quiet Pump" the OCZ kit comes with anyway? If you're going to watercool you might as well get the best performance for your buck.

Like UberBlue said: "These kits DO NOT offer the performance to make it anywhere near worth the price"

Back