• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my temp high, or is it just my ambient?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

okay, my room to start is a wee bit warm just 'cause I have 2 machines running 24/7 in it, and both are high end machines. but the question is if my temp on my main one is normal. I just put a 2.8 in it that I got from kunakk and he got to do 4.1 ghz, so it's a good overclocker. the problem is on stock when I boot I get temps of 45-48 on the cpu, thats with a white water, so I'm kind of confused. my system temperature is 42, so I dont' know... is my room temp just to high and the water is doin as good as it can given the current temps. just nervous to start to oc with a temp of 45-47 on my cpu. o, to note, this is full load(folding)

your case temp is 42 WOW , i would either get more fans in yer case or duct fridgid air in from outisde if it can be had.

full sys specs....

wc sys....
(in order of loop)
WW>PUMP>RAD(single fan w/ shroud)>back to WW

comp sys....
2.8 p4 HT
1 gb pc 3200 ram
120 gb maxtor hd
80 gb se wd HD
1 DVD rom
1 CD burner
1 9800 pro(stock)
1 audigy 2 plat. w/ bay installed
1 IC7-e board
2 case fans
1 forton 530 watt psu

any idea whats 'causeing the temps? could it be there are no fans "pushing" air into the case? the closest one is the one of the rad.

o, btw, system temp got down to 40 today ( I opened a window quite a bit) but cpu temp was still up there.......47 b4 I left for school

Back