• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcw372

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaruiz

Registered
I bought the Swiftech 372 watercooling block about a year ago (it wasmismarked at Fry's for $6.00 when I was visiting Pheonix...they sold it to me at the marked price) I figured if I couldn't use it I could resell it for at least what I paid. I'm currently planning a low-cost cooling system (so far I have a heater core form a late 80's-early 90's S-10, and the water block)...I've decided against the Via Aqua waterpump despite the fact I'm on a tight budget, and am HOPINGto find a cheap Eheim ...I need to keep the cost of the pump under $30 total...but I've seen several other waterblocks for sale at a descent price (a lot less than the Swiftech unit I have) and am wondering if the Swiftech provides enough cooling. MY main concern is that MOST of the block is actually aluminum bonded to copper. The most important part is cooper but, the water hitting the aluminum isn't going to absorb the heat as well as an all cooper unit would. I read a review of the older unit (mine is newer than the one at Overclockers.com) and it showed it coming close to the unit they compared it to, BUT I know nothing of that unit....how would it compare to some of the newer blocks? The one thing I do like is the way it attaches it has spring loaded side attachment that is adjusted by a screw, so I can use it even if the mobo doesn't have mounting holes. I've tested it on a cpu (unplugged) and it was quiet secure...I even tried to MAKE it come off and it just stayed secured. Should I consider selling it and getting another unit?

Back