• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ciku said:
ic... see my rig below... didnt need full pat bios hack :)

I gaurantee you are not running full PAT. Check with cpu-z or ctiaw.

But with that ram you can not use it anyway (the hack). It only works if your memory is 1:1.
By the way, at 204mhz that ram ought to have better timings than what you are running, have you tried it tighter?

i could go aggressive as 1:1 / cas 2-6-3-3 (which is my ram timings) but i have to alter other settings again, to make it stable... im pretty much contented with the current settings, it's stable :) btw, whats ur mrb score in ctiaw? mine is like 5986.3mb lemme know urs.

not much difference, im sure if i go aggressive id get that mrb too... considering ur hsf is a lot better than mine :)

I'm sure if I was at 255fsb like you I'd be knocking at 7000.

Have you ever lot of buying some faster ram and doing it 1:1?
Bandwidth is dependent on fsb, memory mhz, and timing. Not how many ghz your processor is.

I know, I was running 1:1 ram just cant handle it, i was using 4x256... but then having problems with ps, too much stress on my memory controllers.. im just waiting for my new ram.. PC4000 Geil Golden Dragon Dual Chan (2x512), by then, im sure it'll be higher :)

btw, check my sig, i got my timings change and its prime stable :)

Last edited:
yup yup, but u know what? i got scared, i just read about "Sudden Death Syndrome" and my voltages flactuates a lot...

SDS is for 1.7v and above.
The Asus boards are none for their crappy fluctations.
Those are the volts I am running and they are perfectly safe.
Just watch your temps.

By the way I just did the PAT review. Take a look in this column.

cool :) my system is prime stable.

idle temps are...
cpu = 30C-32C
mobo = 30C-32C

cpu & ram @ 100% load, temps are...
cpu = 43C-47C
mobo = 38C-40C

wat do u think?

hmmm strange.. got 4 80mm case fans... 3 out, 1 in.. ill try to monitor my mobo temp... although ur fan is better thats y u get a lower cpu temp... :)

hmm strange.. its on mobo temp is 36C now.. never went up and cpu temp is 45C load... and btw, im @ south florida.. kinda hot in here :)

I think im gonna get mbm5, asus is inconsistent...

a more thing, i think ur hs&f is better than mine :)

Back