• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Masterkleer vs. Clearflex 60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pelikan

The two inexpensive tubings I see people use from McMaster-Car are Masterkleer (page 82 in catalog) and Clearflex 60 (or chemical pvc tubing , page 85).

Bend radius of 1/2" i.d., 3/4" o.d. tubing:
Masterkleer - 1 3/4"
Clearflex 60 - 3"
Tygon - 1 1/2"

Masterkleer is more flexible than Clearflex and nearly as flexible as Tygon. Flexibility is, of course, very important for not putting stress on the blocks which could mess up the mount.

I haven't tried any of these tubings. I'm using silicon which is very flexible (3/4" bend radius) but kind of ugly and it sweats.

McMaster sometimes will substitute Clearflex brand tubing when you order masterkleer. I've ordered from them many times, and even with the same part number, they will interchange them. I really can't tell a difference in the tubing, they're both good.

Haven't tried 'Masterkleer', but have orderd a *lot* of Clearflex60 from mcmaster, does the job well for the really low price.

Another perk is that everytime I order from Mcmaster, my order arrives the *next day* - and I live in Toronto. They also ship stuff up here duty and customs free! :)

And the price is simply unreal.

i just orderd 10ft of 1/2id clearflex and 10ft of 5/8 chemichal tube do you guys think that is 1/2 clearflex... , and i also orderd some 5/8 to 1/2 pack of 10 bulk :( , prolly be here tommrow with really cheap shipping

squeakygeek said:
Where did you get your silicon tubing?

I got it for free from a guy I bought a used pump and block from. He just threw a bunch of silicon tubing, clamps, barbed fittings and 2000 grit sandpaper in the box without even telling me. :)

Those bend radiouses are not right, I think you have a diameter and a few radiouses. I have both tygon and clearflex and they ahve the same radious from what I can tell.

Jon

JFettig said:
Those bend radiouses are not right, I think you have a diameter and a few radiouses. I have both tygon and clearflex and they ahve the same radious from what I can tell.

Jon

It's good to know that tygon and clearflex seem to bend the same in your experience. Calvin-N-Hobbes mentioned in his post that masterkleer and clearflex seem pretty much the same to him. The bend radius info I posted from McMaster-Car is correct according to their site, but apparently not correct in some user's experience.

who really cares what spec sheets say about some pvc tube , mcmaster could discontinue sending clearflex and send some cheap tube , the only thing that really matters is cracking , discouloration , and bending. Does masterkleer stain....

I use mastekleer and it's great so far. I don't know about staining as I'm using a/f and not water wetter. The bend radius is really great. I'll keep using this as it seems to be the cheapest and works as good as anything else.

see i was askin who cared, i dont b/c my tubes allways get stained and nothing takes stains out. Im going to be doing a test about stains so i dont runin tubes

Another Masterkleer user here, works great. Makes nice bends w/o kinking. It does stain, but then don't they all?

I use to use Clearflex in the beginning, but decided to try some Masterkleer from McMasters. Wow, I don't think I'll ever use another type of tubing. It's much more transparent than Clearflex, much like Tygon (from what I can tell) and the bend radius is on par if not better than Clearflex. Also, it doesn't appear to stain as easily as Clearflex.

well i use vynl.. i just orderd some CF60 from DD..(because they take paypal and it's the only source of mula i had at time ;)).. so i'll get to see the difference for the first time :D

Back