• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the Intel D875PBZLK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gflo

Hello everyone, what is the best way to overclock a P4 3.0GHz, FSB or mobo, and if mobo, is it doable on the Intel D875PBZLK?

any advise is appreciated

I have the same mobo that you do and playing in the bios as I usually do with a new board the only thing I saw was the burn in option for +4%. When I get back to my computer, I'm going to max the burn in mode and ramp the FSB as much as possible while tightening my CAS latency. I'm thinking I'll see a fair increase in performance without having to go out and buy a new chip. If you have the money, get another board that has more room for OC, otherwise stick with what you have a pump it as much as you can.

Clockgen is the solution!

Yo, gflo - try out clockgen - a windows-based overclocking utility. You can probably boost the FSB with it. There is a version of clockgen meant for the D875PBZ. Just type clockgen in a google search and you'll find the website.

Note: You cannot overclock from the BIOS. you must manually overclock from windows everytime you boot up, or run clockgen on startup with the proper .ini file (auto-overclock). Read the instructions that come with clockgen to do this.

Back