• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new p4s800d-e deluxe will not accept my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

i got a p4s800d-e deluxe and it would not post. it said "system failed cpu test". i rma'd it because i tested my cpu in my gigabyte board and it is fine. i got the new one today and it does the same thing. i really need a computer right now and i can't find anything about troubleshooting on the asus website. please help as im really getting frustrated. i have tried everything to get a boot and i get nothing. see my post in the emergency section. thanks for any help

Not sure you went with that chipset. RMA it for something better as its a poor overclocker as well.

I tried to find something on your problem but wasn't all that successful. Found people having PSU problems a few times and beep codes. Can you get in the BIOS?

From another obscure forum....

the cure is.......set bios to fail safe by pressing F5 key then voila the problem corrects itself ??????????? i think its summit to do with the ezbios cpu protection! worked for me never a prob since.

this chipset is supposed to be better than the 875p motherboards. according to many reviews, it has the potential. the problems right now are with the bois, but that can be changed. i found out i had a bad video card.

Back