• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your tubing kinking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Does your tubing kink?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 143 69.8%
  • I need extra tubing

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • I need hose clamps or zip ties

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Other: post what you do

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • I need to use elbows

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
Simple question, Does it kink or do you have to go the extra step to make it not?

I personally NEED a 90* hosebarb or like an extra foot of tubing to make mine not kink.

Jon

Other, I hav emy pump outside the cse right now, otherwise it kinks.

Trying to figure out a way to fix it.

No... I either employ a top-secret testing method called 'open desk' computing (caseless) or I provide enough room in my case to give the bends LOTS of room to bend properly. Plus, I'm amazing and am incapable of errors.

:eek: Uberblue, that's some really huge tubing there :)

No kinks here, but I do need to use longer tubing lengths than I would like to prevent any from forming - Clearflex60 is great, but I wish I could afford Tygon. The bottom of the case is very cramped already, and I haven't even installed everything yet (currently putting system overhaul together... finally).

I also have a fairly big case, and this helps quite a lot.

posted by vonkaar

Plus, I'm amazing and am incapable of errors.

Ooooh! Me to! Thanks for reminding me! (For a second there I was wondering just *why* I'm kink free - now I know) ;) :p

Id be intrested to see the kinking problems. My setup used to kink but I redid and have no kinks now. I dont have a GPU block though so that makes it easier.

No kinking at all here. I dont have a GPU block though so ya that helps. But I am using Home Depot 1/2 inner 3/4 outer. Working perfect so far. I planned my setup before I put it together though.

I have one kink in my setup, the tube that goes from one of the outlet of my cpu wb to my nb wb kink :(, i'll have to fix that asap.

Hm I voted "elbows", but just to clarify; I have no kinks in my system. The system uses a couple of elbows to get through nasty bends though. I think there is always the trade-off between short tubing & elbows or long tubing and no elbows. There are (nearly) always angles you have to take in a watercooling system... not really an easy way around it.

I personally NEED a 90* hosebarb or like an extra foot of tubing to make mine not kink
No worries, that works out about the same. A 90 or 1ft of tubing will add about the same head pressure - lol.

Other.
I use 1/2" OD copper tubing in my system with 3/8" (1/2" actual ID) copper pipe elbows. Instead of 90 degree bends, the 3/8" elbows sweep more to keep flow up. The 'T's make for much better flow versus the plastic or brass versions as well.
I only have about 3" of 3/8" silicone tubing at each waterblock barb, and the system is fed by 1/2" silicone that ends at the back of the case.

I have just a pinch of kinking (Get it "Pinch" LOL)

J/K

I had to use 2 zip ties for the 1 place the tube wanted to kink.

no kinks for me , im generous with tube since its cheap and i have a ton! I have 5/8 clearflex and boy does that stuff not kink easy! ive neverused tygon but i dont really think its worth the dough :/

no kinks I allow for smooth flowing lines (sorry no pun intended) I use external cooling so head preassure from internal friction is more an d issue than kinks, but I use a HUGE *** pump to handle it...something like 250 GPH @ 8 feet of head pressure....looks like a house water hose going in the res :p

KDog, usp links dont usually work, get the part # or keyword to search.

Thick wall is usually nice, but not for 1/2" tubing, just too big.

Jon

Back