• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling A 2.4a Need Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CZmanz19

Hello everyone. I am currently running a 2.4a at 2.73 with temps of 38-43 degrees. The heatsink that i am using is a Thermaltake volcano 7+ with a voltage mod with the fan so it runs at about half the speed and is alot quiter. I was wondering if watercooling would be that much of a increase in performance for the dollar. Also, I have some free watercooling stuff already which is a Xoxide copper radiator with a 120mm 89cfm fan and a bay reservior, If watercooling would be the way to go what block should i get and what pump. I dont want to spend more then say 80 bucks on this if possible, Thanks for the help

Well, MHz/$$ ratio may be worsened if you can't OC your chip any more than it is.

But since you already have H2O gear, you might as well use it!

A Hydor L30 ($50) and a Dtek TC4 ($25) might fit within your budget fine.

It all depends on the chip. You may or may not. You would get a significant drop in temps with some good H2O gear, and it would PROBABLY let you OC a bit more.

Back