• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with pvc reservoir or reference to threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ya basically i cant find it in the search button when i typed in pvc reservoir, but i know there was a thread about this sometime ago can anyone give me linky i wanna try it out

I used that article to make my PVC res.

Here is a picture.

res1.jpg

thanks thunder to the reference linky wootwoot and oh ya btw what about the barbs if i have with 1/2 what do i need linky or pictures would be appreciated

Yo Cherry, i got my parts at Home Depot's plumbing section :D

vietp13, not sure what you're asking, but again all the stuff you need to make the PVC rez is found at any Home Depot or Builder's Square including the barbs.

Btw semi, nice hook-up ;) Here's Mine:

Swirlie.jpg

Done.jpg

I could'nt hook-up the rez the otther way because it would block the video card's vga port. I have to admit it works like a charm tho ;)

I've been looking at these guides and I've been wondering; do you reinforce the barbs will sillicon glue or is the teflon enough???

I use teflon tape & it's enough. If you drill the hole just a tad smaller than the threads on the barbs it will be watertight when you screw them in, the teflon is just insurance. Try it, if one leaks then seal it up.

Like the paint job, next time I have the system apart I'm painting mine - lol.

oh ya just got hoem from school, the barb is what kidn of barb do i need basically thats my question and what drill bit do i need

yes its also pj for this weekend, but also computer show is comming so i wanan browse and see if any the guys pack good deals on the barton, perhaps ill find an unlocked on hehehehe ^^, but what kind of barb do i need, and drill bit

I :
A-- drill a 3/8" hole, and finished off with a dremel.
B--use a large versa-bit that I have. It's a triangular shaped bit that will drill many different size holes, but fits a normal 3/8 drill. $45 though.
C--drill/dremel a hole, then use a pipe tap for the right size.

Judging from my measuring tape, it'd be 9/16" bit for a 3/8" NPT fitting, and an 11/16" bit for a 1/2" NPT fitting. Rough measurements though, so you may need to taper the hole slightly to get a fitting started. Exacto knives work well for this...CAREFULLY ;)

well said...or you can roll up to home depot pick up a 1/2 barb, head over to the power tool section and ask someone who works there which size drill bit you would need to bore the pvc out...

ok well ill do that tomorrow since no school on friday thanks guys

Back