• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a really good non-pelt waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[DAD]MeR|iN

hey, does anyone know of a really good waterblock that would fit into and exos WC system? i have the cpu200G, supposed to get rid of 200watts of heat, but I'm looking for something better.I want to be able to just pop it in and not worry about the tube sizing or anything. (needs to fit a amd Athlon 2100+ tbred(sig)). price isnt too much of an issue, not looking for pelts.. just a real good Water block. thanks!!!

~M

How big is the tubing size? I think DTek's White Water and DD's RBX both come in 1/2" and 3/8". I'm not sure how that would work with your pump and the rest of your system, but it would probably be a decent way to go. Need more info first, however.

Honestly, a new block isn't going to offer much better performance in an EXOS system.

But if you still want to go for it, look at the Koolance blocks. I believe they use the same size tubing as the EXOS does.

I have the exos blocks, but was looking for something better, maybe even a new kit, exos works well, but not well enough. I was looking into the danger den water cooling kits, but I've also heard that the waterchill kits are good too, I'm dont know too much about them, my first Water-cooled rig is this one with the Exos. the tubing is 1/4 inch, kinda small if you ask me, I was thinking of trying to get bigger tubing and adapters but i dont know how well that would work with the pumps in the Exos. any suggestions on a new kit, etc would be great, also take not of my case: Antec Superlanboy.... good case but not that much room, that is why i went with the exos in the first place, but If there is a better preforming kit that will fit in there im all for it!

The customizable kits at either DTek or DD are both good and will do MUCH better than the exos setup you currently have. There is always the option of making your own from parts all over but that can get pricey when you include shippign charges.

With the S-Lan Boy you might be able to squeeze a heatercore in the front if you take out the hard drive cage. I'm assuming its about the same size as the AMB3700? If so it will fit but be tight.

Theres also the option of making an external box too.

Well, I would rather not take out the hard drive rack, and external enclosure would probabbly be the best, considering that is on of the reasons i went with the Exos in the first place. yeah it is roughly the same size as the AMB3700... Is there anywhere that you can order pre-made enclosures? that incude a reservoir or something? I was looking at the DD stuff, and i saw that they sell bay reservoirs, I was thinking that I could fit a 2 X 3.5-bay reservoir prettry easily since I do not use nore need a floppy. and the pump, if its about the same size as an Eheim, could fit under the 120mm exhaust fan in the back, tubing space wouldnt be a prob, just the radiator is the toughest. anyone have any ideas? thanks a ton for the help!!!

~M

also I would like to go with the blackice extreme if i go DD just fyi...

Back