• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do I find a cap for my T-Line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I am about to set up my first water cooling configuration and I could not find a cap to put on my T-Line for after I fill and bleed the system. Where can I find one?

Go to www.mcmaster.com - and do a search for 'tube test plug'- they are perfect for capping a T-Line :)

How it works, is you screw in the thumbscrew/wingnut on top, and it compresses a big O-ring. The O-Ring expands, and forms a great seal. Add a hose clamp, and you're all set.

I would get the stainless steel one with a thumbscrew, or a 'lightweight vinyl' one with a wingnut. I have bought, and used both of these without problems. The steel one looks nicer - but isn't available for 3/4" ID tubing unfortunately.

Look for plastic or brass plugs (sometimes called Test Plugs) at a Home Depot or Lowes type place.

johan851 said:
Look for plastic or brass plugs (sometimes called Test Plugs) at a Home Depot or Lowes type place.
Yep. I got a 1/2" barb with threads on the other end for a cap. Get the cap too, you are all set, airtight.

Have you guys tried the test plug labeled "Quick-Snap Test Plugs"
it seems to be a faster solution.
Im sorry for the dumb question Im about to ask but if Im using 1/2 tubing them which test plug should I use. WC is all knew to me

I found this cap and threaded barb at lowes.

bungie_top.JPG

My local hardware store has plastic barb plugs. They are solid - no hole. Perfect plug. I bought a 5/8" one so it fits tight.

its probably not as good as these but for my 1/2" tubing i just used a marble i had laying around. I carry my PC to lans almost every weekend and no leaks yet. Its a bit tougher to get out but is the ultimate in ghetto solutions.

suicidalmole said:
its probably not as good as these but for my 1/2" tubing i just used a marble i had laying around. I carry my PC to lans almost every weekend and no leaks yet. Its a bit tougher to get out but is the ultimate in ghetto solutions.
I like that.

i used a AAA batery for a temporary plug when i had absolutely nothing else around. fits perfecty inside a 3/8" piece of tubing

lol, a battery? You must not worry about corrosion much? I could see your blocks flooded with battery acid if that was a permanent solution. Sounds like I will be giving Home Depot and Lowe's a visit.

i used a AAA batery for a temporary plug when i had absolutely nothing else around. fits perfecty inside a 3/8" piece of tubing
A "AA" works nice in 1/2" tubing, at least until I get to Home Depot to get a test plug :)

I found a plastic thingy in my basement... perfect fit. seek and ye shall find... err whatever

although, i have it capped only about 50% of the time.

BTW: Nick Burns... i grew up in overland park, KS. its been YEARS, but i still remember the ol' stompin grounds ( the mall ;) )...

poMONKEY- How lond ago did you live here? Did all of us high school kids still act like spoiled asses and sit around the mall trying to think of something better to do? I hate Kansas. It is so boring.
SK8- what part is it that I want from that site to get to cap the end of my T-line? I don't know all of the different types of barbs yet.

Also, What should I put down for a company? I was thinking I could put down overclockers.com and maybe write a review or something?

Nick Burns said:
poMONKEY- How lond ago did you live here? Did all of us high school kids still act like spoiled asses and sit around the mall trying to think of something better to do? I hate Kansas. It is so boring.
B]

20 some odd years ago... h3ll yeah, we p0wned that zone... im glad the rents decided to move to maine, eastcoast way less boring than kck 4 sure :)

Back