• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Vs. Msi Msi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doxwideload

Hey guys. I just got an ABIT IC7-max3. I got this board because I wanted to get a higher clock out of my 2.4Ghz P4 as well as better SATA support, than I was getting on my MSI 865pe Neo2. I am ****ed now because I heard this was the best PC/OC enthusiasts boards.

You guys tell me I will give ya the specs. 2.4Ghz P4(Thermalright 900slk-947U and a SP-94) Geil 4200 ddr, 1 gig; ATi9800pro, 2 WD raptors running RAID 0, enermax 475 AUX.

1. The CPU runs at 99-109+ degrees in the ABIT/MSI 75-85
2. I can achieve a 294FSB with the MSI at 4/5ths ratio/ABIT crashes at anything over 275FSB and I losened the timing for the ram
3. Lets not even talk about 3dmark scores the MSI works the ABIT over.

I am going to take apart the PC with the ABIT board and rebuild it again to see if there is anything I am missing or have fouled up. I would really appreciate any input you ABIT fans may have. Thanks guys

Jason

Back