• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for ASUS P4P800-s Overclocking for Newbie please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolchris

Hello all

I am new to the o/c thing and have the setup in my sig.

Could anyone give me a good guide as to what I could achieve with my setup and how to go about it please.

Thanks in advance all.

what ram and processor r u using? r u using stock hs&f? it would be better if u put ur rig on ur profile sig :)

Sorry...specs now in sig below...At the moment I am using the AI overclock bios setting of 10%...erm..... hs&f??? - No idea what that means! Could you please tell me what that is and anymore info that you might need.

Cheers for replying.

darn P4P800-S is celeron? hmm i though it would be the same as p4, lemme check that board out first... others might be able to give suggestions for the meantime... hsf=heatsink & fan :)

Hi ciku,

The Celeron is a P4 2.2ghz. At the moment it is running at around 2.4ghz with the 10% overclock in the AI routine is Bios....have you got anywhere yet. Reason is that I have posted my question to other forums, but this is the only one that got a reply, so you can see I am pretty desperate to find a good o/c solution for my setup.
By the way, I only have the stock fan on the processor, so I suppose this definetly has to be taken into account, although suggestions as to what to get would be appreciated.
Finally, I am holding out until the new Prescott Hyperthreading processors are released before upgrading the cpu....whats that?.....I hear the bank manager squirming hehehe:p
Cheers:beer:

u should get the 2.4a 1mb of cache and a 533 fsb runs about 170-180 dollars should oc like a champ.

just saw the review on ocing 2.4a at hardocp.com.got great ocing with stock cooling and volts.

mrneed said:
u should get the 2.4a 1mb of cache and a 533 fsb runs about 170-180 dollars should oc like a champ.
doesnt ''a'' searia of p4 procs have 400mhz fsb
and ''b'' seria have 533mhz
''c'' have 800mhz

but i suggest for buying 2.4c and oc like maniac
with this proc raching 3.o is child's play
hehehe

the new 2.4a with 1mb cache and 533 fsb not the 2.4 400 fsb with less cache.2.4a prescot ocing to 3.4 -3.6 which rocs

Back