• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

CPU Block - Dtek / White water

The dtek has a nice low price at the moment but the white water one seems to be of a better standard :) Is the Dtek block good?

N/b - Dtek

Gpu - dtek / maze4 which would be best here? the dtek one is about 10 pounds cheaper but is it a good block?

Pump - Eheim 1250

Rad - help needed

Res - Bay UV blue

What i want to know is :

1. What tubing size is going to be best for me and will all these products fit both tubing sizes?

2. Because i will have 3 water blocks thats going to be alot of tubing, im thinking that it would be better if i had smaller tubing??

3. This one is kind of tricky, I have an X-Superalian case, and by looking at some pictures of peoples water cooling setups it doesnt look like the pup and everything is going to fit, does it matter if the rad is outside the pc? :)

I think thats it for now.

Thanks in advance

Scott

i am kinda new to this myself but i do know that you should definately go for a heatercore radiator and use 1/2" tubing. The heatercores are cheap and are the best. The larger tubing is better because it allows more flow. The less the flow rate the less heat transfered to the water and then to the air. Larger tubing is always better. And for the rad being outside the PC that can even be better in many cases because then the hot air from the rad isn't blowing into the case (or the hot air from the case blowing through the rad, depending on your setup). You can easily build a small enclosure outside of your case for the pump and/or radiator. Anybody who is more experienced correct me if im wrong about any of this.

Thanks, but i get the feeling you think i already have it. lol.

What do you think about the cpu block and the gpu block what would you go for and also what tubing should i go for, will all those products fit both sizes of tubing?? :)

go with clearflex! $.65 @ mcmaster , its under 1/2id 3/4od chemical tube under page 85, i got 10 ft unused so i can mess around with xternal stuff :)

Back