• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning tubes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SK8

Well the past few days i have been messing around with my wc a bit and i found a way to clean tubes back to there clearness. What i did is take a 3" peice that has been stained with peak and zerex AF and put it in a dish of rubbing alcohol and boom within 3hrs clean! then i took (sacrificed) a small 4 x 4" washrag and put a shoo lace onto it and pulled thru tube, well with another peice i had running currently then i put some auto ac leak dye in the sys and it worked wonders for colour but it stained tube indefinatly but it looks amazing like tubes are glass clear green! Just lettin all of you know so you dont go wasting more $$ on clear tubes :)

thnx , the only downside is that it smells whorable and my friend made me spill about 8oz on my pants so i guess my pants were sanitized lol.

Yup, i love alcohol. I once dipped my mouse in a bowl of it, and 30 minuts later it was workin fine :) Fumed r strong though...

Back