• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard for 3.2 EE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krakhead

Registered
im looking at either an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or the Abit IC7-Max3.

Does either board have any good/bad points about them?

rest of the system.
3.2 ghz P4 Extreme Edition
1 gig dual channel ddr (still decideing what brand)
2- 36 gig WD raptors
9800xt

I have read reveiws on both boards and still cant decide which one i want or which is better.I kinda leaning towards the IC7-max3 because i can run more Sata drives on raid.

thanx for your help.

I say the Asus eventhough i never tried it.

I have the MAX3 and it really isn't worth the extra cash. The Vdimm doesn't work properly above 2.8v+. The extra 2 SATA connections will not be utilized to their fullest because they are still on the PCI bus which limits a max of 133MB/s max. The Security IDE thingy was never useful.

Go for the ASUS. I will probably never buy or recommend an Abit again, just because the way their currently handling the vdimm problem.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention theirs sound ans temp reading problems on top of that.

I have just purchased a 3.2EE today and am running it on a Asus P4c800E with no probs at all . I have used both boards that you are talking about and would recommend the Asus. I love the EE power . My previous 3.0 at 3.75 (249fsb 1:1) has already been beaten by the EE at stock speeds in most benchies i have tried except mem bandwith so far. I am confident of getting this EE to 3.8 on my watercooling setup.

Hope this is of some help.

I got the 3.2EE to 240 fsb (3.840g) on my watercooled system today. 25640 in 3dmak2001. Its still pretty warm here in Aussie at the moment (dam hot summers) so will have to wait for winter time to see if i can get any more out of it .

Best of luck with your chip and setup.

Back