• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den's new pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbud

Didn't Cathar find these pumps a couple weeks ago?
Anyhow, can't wait to see how they perform.

power_curve_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that is exactly the pump that Cathar ordered. Not sure if he discovered it, but that is the pump.

Noise? Nobody has one yet. Cathar ordered 6 of them direct from Laing, but they're being held up in customs.

Logic would indicate them to be quiet. Low RPM brushless DC motors are purdy darn silent.

If these take off, Swiftec is gonna have some stiff competition.

Yeah, but I ordered mine with the larger inlet/outlet sizes as this does have an impact on pump performance.

Still, nice to see them being offered for a good price. DangerDen must've bought a whole heap of them to get the volume price down low enough to offer the price they are.

Are DD fitting molex connectors or not?

What does 35 kilopascals even mean? Does anyone know how many feet or metres that translates into?

AngryAlpaca said:
What does 35 kilopascals even mean? Does anyone know how many feet or metres that translates into?

10kPa = 1.02m H2O of pressure head, or 3'4" of H2O or 1.45PSI

35kPa = 3.57m H2O, 11'9" H2O, or ~5.05PSI

cathar i have a ? for you, the iwaki md20rtl is 159 @ marinedepot and so is the Custom Sea Life aquatics T4 , would the t4 be over kill x 231231231.... im just looking for a stronger pump thats xtra good but i dont want like 40psi in my lines lol

SK8 said:
cathar i have a ? for you, the iwaki md20rtl is 159 @ marinedepot and so is the Custom Sea Life aquatics T4 , would the t4 be over kill x 231231231.... im just looking for a stronger pump thats xtra good but i dont want like 40psi in my lines lol

With the more modern blocks that are about, and possibly using more than one block, the Iwaki MD20-RZLT in the USA is about the "most" pump I would consider buying for a computer setup. With such a pump then so long as you don't fit a wad of German 1/4" blocks on it, you'll be pushing 2+GPM in most conventional situations.

The US-spec MD20-RZ has about 9PSI of pressure.

Cathar said:
Still, nice to see them being offered for a good price. DangerDen must've bought a whole heap of them to get the volume price down low enough to offer the price they are.

Must have, I called Laing a while ago and they quoted ~$138 for a single pump....ouch!

Maybe I'll just suck it up and get a BlueLine pump, like I really want. My rig's external, so size doesn't really matter....

For those of you Involved in the !waki discusion. Hold off for a bit, The WMD series is available with a 12V or 24V dc brushless motor. The problem is you have to find an OEM that'll let you piggy-back on their order. Unless you really want 100 of them.

Back