• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with order and cutting tubes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Ok My pump should come today. So What order should I setup my loop for? Will be using a T-Line as my res. My water Block is a Dtek White Water. I noticed it has a Y- apdater for two nossiles. Which should I use(Starting from the left) Whats the best way to cut my tube, ClearFlex 1/2ID

EDIT** I will leak test first. And what coolant can be used to leak test it?

Left = water out
Center = water in
Right = water out

Cut the tube? Anything that sharp & you have handy. Utility knife, big snips, it cuts easily.

Put some newspaper under it, if you see any wet spots you know it leaks. Else, mark the hose where water is, if the level drops it's leaking.

Best way I have found to cut tube is to kink it in the place you want to cut (completely fold it). Then run a knife over the stretched out part. The tube will literally split apart very neatly (be careful of your fingers though).

it probally wouldnt hurt your components for that short period of time, but my guess is that it would be better if you tested with distilled water.

Bailey said:
Else, mark the hose where water is, if the level drops it's leaking.
Not so fast b/c hes filling sys and that means water bubbles have to leave so watching the level of tline would be bad and you would have him looking for leaks for hours...lol!

Don't fill your system with tap water ever. Even for leak testing. If you do then you will have to flush the entire system with distilled water several times before you fill it back up with distilled water. Tap-water has a lot of contaminants that you don't want floating around in your system. Even using it once will leave stuff behind in your tubes, block(s), and radiator(s).

ZachM said:
Don't fill your system with tap water ever. Even for leak testing. If you do then you will have to flush the entire system with distilled water several times before you fill it back up with distilled water. Tap-water has a lot of contaminants that you don't want floating around in your system. Even using it once will leave stuff behind in your tubes, block(s), and radiator(s).

If you have a water softener or if your softens the water, then tap water is fine.

Actually, a water softener dumps a whole bunch of salt stuff into the system. Definitely stay AWAY from softened water - it leaves white deposits everywhere.

I've found the best way to cut tubing it to wrap a piece of masking tape around the place you want to cut, and then run a straight-edge razor blade right through it with a gentle end-to-end rocking motion.

Its cool eveything is done, just fixing a leak around the inlet housing on the pump. I hope this sealent works

i dont understand how you guys get leaks from the pump housings & barbs. i still have to get a leak with my eheim1250. ijust use hose-clamps tightened to the desired position :)

Back