• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water cooling, can you need

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cfuk

Hi all, i'm starting work on my PC which could take up to three months as i'm saving up the cash for the mods i want. I was thinking about turning to water cooling, as i want a XP 3200+. I was wondering which is the best way to go about starting as i have never used water cooling before. Which would be a good rig for cooling the CPU and which is easy to setup.

If your gonna go the road for WC maybe you should reduce the 3200 to something else cheaper. In the states you could save about 100$ bucks if you go for the 2500 barton instead. That way you have cash for either better RAM or for WC products. You can also try to hit 3200 performance with the 2500.

Also DTEK does ship international and they can save you 10% of your order right now.

i don't really need rram as i have x2 512mb Corsair XMS DDR 400MHz PC3200 :), can you overclock a Barton XP2800+ as i hear that AMD had locked them

cfuk said:
i don't really need rram as i have x2 512mb Corsair XMS DDR 400MHz PC3200 :), can you overclock a Barton XP2800+ as i hear that AMD had locked them

if you're going to overclock a locked barton you want a 2500+ - that's because it has the same multiplier as a 3200+ (11) whereas the 2800+ has 12.5 - so you'd end up with a lower FSB...

Trd your link doesn't work because you don't have a CPU selected to show. My link just brings up the regular menu for the database.

the selection for AMD chips is right underneath that
and your looking for the barton 2500 they receive some decent to exceptional overclocks. In my opinion AMD is a great band for the buck chip and theres no sense in spend 230 on a chip. if

Back