• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Canadian_4_Evr

Registered
Ok, i just recently have been having some problems... just recently my computer has started doing something at the startup screen... it says Nvram checking or something... but neways it just freezes the computer there for a minute or two... then it says 1024 ok... i'm pretty sure its checking my memory but i never changed any settings in the bios for it to do that... i've looked everywhere but can't seem to find the appropriate setting to change this back... how can't i disable the bios from doing this step b/c its getting to be a pain in the *** especially when i start o/cing

the ram check is part of a normal POST procedure, you may disable this in the bios. You may have had the splash screen enabled before and that is why you din not see it.

Nope, i disabled the display screen... but since i first got the computer i have noticed a HUGE increase in the time the computer takes to post... before i barely had enought time to hit delete to enter setup... now i can hit delete and the screen doesn't recognize i have done it till it has finished doing the ram check

try clearing ur cmos, maybe u jst changed a setting accidentally... :)

Last edited:
try cleaning and reseating your ram if that dosn't work try different memory slots. and if that dosn't work try some different ram.

Propilot, i didnt notice that hehehe :) btw are OCZ ram expensive? where could i get them cheap? is it good?

The ram I am using is the most versitale that I have found. It will run 200fsb at 2-3-2-5. Have you seen anybody else running my timings 1:1 at 240-245 FSB at stock onboard voltage?
PC4000 can't run those timings. I have ran it at 250fsb but had to go to Cas3 (3-3-3-7), which is still alot better than PC4000 (DDR500) timings.
It supposedly maxes out at 260fsb, but I personally haven't had it any higher than 250fsb.

It would probably run your 255fsb just fine. In case it doesn't and you would be happy with 250fsb, I would get it just because of the timings.

the brand name is OCZ? hmmm couldnt find it there.. i usually get stuff there :(

i`ve had a problem... in windoes 2000.. if i change to enhanced mode in bios... and boot 2000 the CPU is allways 100% load!

why that? in xp sp1 the problem dissapears...but still.. why does it happen 2000.. bizzare

p.s i boot from my maxtor HDD, and on secondary IDE (ATA100) i-ve got 2 cd-roms... when i unplugg the secondary IDE, the problem dissapears also..

confused:rolleyes:

SybrCLocK, a friend of mine encoutered that kind of problem after he got the pop-up blocker from one of the sites.... did u try running ad-aware? or antivirus?

Referring to the original post, I also was experiencing a longish delay at bootup, then i changed my hard drive jumper to cable select and boom, it takes about a tenth of a second and i don't even see the start-up screen anymore. It's that fast.

hmmm i dont think that has something to do it the post screen delay...

ciku said:
hmmm i dont think that has something to do it the post screen delay...

I don't mean to be abrupt, but this has nothing do do with what one "thinks". I am simply reporting an option I tried after reading about it on another forum and it worked for me, so consider it experiential data personally experienced, which is oft times the best sort of data there is and not to be discarded off-hand.

Naturally your mileage may vary, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try this suggestion given that a couple of people have reported success with it.

Also disabling the on-board LAN in the bios if it is not being used is also a decent idea.

Bardos, before you post, check the rig first... different hardware have different problems...

AND since we almost have the same rig... I'M SURE its not the jumper :)

ciku said:
Bardos, before you post, check the rig first... different hardware have different problems...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I have multiple computers strewn about the house, one of them is a p4p800 deluxe-uay which has produced the results I have previously mentioned.

(The truth is I am still tweaking the p4p800, and had the same problem as the original poster. Pprobably give this one to my wife to use to replace her cusl2 on which she's running a tualatin celeron at 1.5 Ghz)

Back