• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with setup pics (enclosed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkb2198

This is my first foray into watercooling and i want some feedback. Before with my volcano 11+ iwas idling at 50c and load at 55c with prime96. My new setup is
1.Bix rad with a 108cfm fan attached blowing out of the case.
2. Swiftech 5000 amd block with 1/2 id inserts
3. mcp600 pump
4. frozencpu bayres
5.cheap homedepot tubing cause the tygon stuff sucks(kept bending so i went to homedepot and got same size tubing but with thicker walls for alot cheaper).
6. hose clamps, antifreeze(10%), and distilled water

Also have a fan in the front of the case rated at 84 cfms.
The cpu is overclocked to 220x10 with a vcore of 1.725. Also use arctic silver 5(used a paper thin coat and have reseated twice just to make sure) and it has been up and running for 5 days.

I idle at 40.5c and load(prime95) at 44.5c.
What do you guys think considering i am using a bix instead of a heater core. By the way this is in socket temp. i tried to reverse the flow of air so the rad would get fresh air from outside but my case temps would raise to like 37c!! With my current setup my case temps varies between 30-32c

Please let me know what you guys think. I know it look likes crapo right now but once i get a new powersupply and wrap it and add a light and clean upa few cables it will look a little better.
Btw how said you cant fit watercooling into a super lanboy(small case).
Thanks for all your help
Justin

Attachments

• dsc00002.jpg
    dsc00002.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 181
looks great, some more info (CPU specs) might help us determin anything more specific

My specs are as follow

Msi-k7n2-delta-ilsr
barton core 2500 aqxea0334 "f" batch number 143
2x256 corsair dual channel memory low latency 2-3-3-11
Running stable with prime95 at 10x225=2250mhz.

Temps are lowering a little bit. Currently at
idle-38
load-41

What do you guys think of these temps?

Vcore at 1.7 now.

they're OK... What temp is your room? that could effect it alot. I know when I leave my windows open (room temp 40-50F) my CPU is at 33C full load, and thats @ 2.5ghz 1.9vcore (same 2500+ as you)

but with my windows closed that load temp goes up to 41C... So I guess your temps are fine if your in an enclosed room but if your near a window they can / should / will be lower.

Also consider a few things;
1. generally its better for the fan to pull air through than to push the air
2. with the rad suck air out of your case it is sucking in warm air, my rad is external is a custom made box (rad, res, pump)
3. you appear to have some areas where the tube is turning so tightly it is contracting on itself, that hurts flow

This is with all windows closed with a case temp of 30-32. And ambient temp is always around 25c.
The pics make it look like the tubing is bent but in fact it is not at all. Kind of an illusion. There are no bends whatsoever and no constricting in the least. This is 1/2 thick wall tubing that i could not if bend tight enough to make it kink with my bare hands!(good stuff,but hard to work with) Thanks for all the info.

Back