• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interesting ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigAL99

Registered
ive made an interesting discovery ive got an acrylic case as ive shown before and it had fan holes so i added well i we getting nice temps on an 1800 at 13x150 34 c running prime 95 torture test plus 2 x f@home
well i decided to quieten it down by disconectiing the fans and to my surprise my temps rose by 2-3 degrees and that was with the side off. ive now reconnected the fans and overclocked further now 14x150 @1.75 @ 35 degrees again prime and f@home running

p2060005.jpg

side view as requested

system 18oo athlon abit nf7-s 512 pc 2700 crucial ram asus fx 5200 graphic
ehiem 1210 120-1 thermochill dangerden rbx block and dangerden z chipset block 2 x 120mm fans push n pull config

I don't really understand what the discovery was. You turned the fans off and the temps rose...did you expect them to go up more than 2-3 deg or something, or am I missing something.

GM1010 said:
I don't really understand what the discovery was. You turned the fans off and the temps rose...did you expect them to go up more than 2-3 deg or something, or am I missing something.

i didnt expect the temp to go up because it was the case fans i turned off and i don't see why they should effect the cpu temp when i'm water cooling to be totally honest

johan851 said:
Why aren't you pushing that FSB buddy?

im working on it:p

moving air cools other parts on your mobo. i hear the mofsets get pretty hot. it also would move air around the cpu

Oh ok, I was just wondering. Yeah case temps still have an effect even with WC. All the tubing and just everything in general gets hotter without fans.

Intake fans (or more intake air volume) would lower the ambient as said before, which means that the radiator will be drawing in cooler air as well.

that was the very reason i didnt think they would change my radiator isn't actually in the case its underneath
im having trouble getting past 2.1 ghz at the moment either 14x 150 or 140 x 15 im at 1.8 volts how high is it safe to go?
i should point out that i havent got the high end 1800 its the low end version

Back