• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7 vs Asus P4C800-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f012t12

So, What do you think?

From what I've seen on cpudatabase.com as far as overclocking is concerned, both did quite well. From MaximumPC, an issue on overclocking, they mentioned Abit being a better deal as far as overclocking goes.

Not sure, the IC7 seems quite a bit cheaper. What do you et out of the P4C800-E Deluxe?

First, I do not have first hand experience with an Intel Abit board, but I have an AMD one and I love it. I find that ABIT's offer alot of features for the money. I have also heard alot of people happy with their IC7's.

Second, Im not trying to pick on you or anything, so do not take this the wrong way. I myself have done it very many times, we are just trying to keep the misplaced posts down to a minimum.
1.) This is discussing 2 motherboards and it is in the CPU's section
2.) Even if this was discussing 2 Intel CPU's it should not be in the CPU's section. It should be in the Intel CPU's section. (That is a real problem that this section has)
3.)I wish the best of luck to you, I hope in the end you end up with a real whoop *** board!

Cheers!
-0cer
:cool:

sorry about that... I didn't realized that.

It's just that people who use northwoods or the new prescott would probably have a lot of experience with these two boards.

oops, thought this was in intel section, sorry. appreciate feedback.

They're both excellent boards, I had two IC7's and both had issues where the Northbridge heatsink fell off due to poor quality control as far as the northbridge rings are concerned. But it seems Abit may have rectified this issue as less and less people have reported this problem.

The Asus is just a solid motherboard but neither will disappoint you. (If you go the Asus route, just note they use a confusing system of memory dividers. 400=1:1 320 is 5:4 and 266 is 3:2)

yes, ive been using asus boards for like 5 years? no probs.. but im abit is ok too :)

Silversinksam said:
(If you go the Asus route, just note they use a confusing system of memory dividers. 400=1:1 320 is 5:4 and 266 is 3:2)

Same thing on my Shuttle SB75G2. Nothing in the manual explained it either. Once I figured that one out, you can see my results in sig.

Back