• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

waterchill users check this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, finally astek started thinking and changed there design to the mainstream rage , next thing to go is the damn 90deg thingys they use and mayby somthing stronger then a l20 , i wanna see some tests~!

whats going on now? everybody using micro channel design. Its like its a free design and there is no lisense of use.

God this just ****ing me off.

Come on guys, are you telling me you don't remeber the "spiral" block rage as well. Everthing goes in cycles and follow the leader always becomes the name of the game.

I dont really care who makes it or if blah blah blah, but some companys should do some R&D work. Swiftec is like the first company that doesnt go with the rage and still has ok results. But my point is that who cares what design it is and who came up with it b/c if they didnt patent it then its fair game and you can see this EVERYWHERE in ANY product. For ex. SUV's wow there everywhere and manny brands and colors, is the design patented NO!!!!

I dont think so, just look what happend with all the microchannel designs and the maze design. I mean if you have a super complex design and the whole community loves it and some company comes along and steals it and sells it then i would think the community would be rater ****ed @ the ppl that mass produced it.

Ya'll are funny with selective memory. You can remember the whitewater block, but you forget that Cathar himself posted that he wasn't the originator of either micro-channels nor jet impingement. He put together work of his and others.
If micro-channels had been patented, then there could never have been a whitewater block, because it wouldn't have been his to use.
He did good work puting it all together though, and I'll not short him that credit. Wish I had his resources.

Asetek has a nice looking block, and you can see the nozzle attempt in the pics. Maybe it works well, maybe it don't. Joe could tell you, I'm sure.

And designs are copywritable, just ask anyone trying to sell Mickey Mouse T-shirts without Disney's blessing...

Have a great day!

*edit>bad spelling day!

Last edited:
Even if they did copyright blocks, we would just buy knockoffs from chineses companies... I will say this, the waterchill block (while it may not have great performance) looks good. I looks like a quality piece.

It looks ok and there lapping and maching are some of the best but i really dont care for the press in fittings and i wonder if the l20 or l30 pump and the tube diameter would be enough to make this baby shine!

SK8 said:
It looks ok and there lapping and maching are some of the best but i really dont care for the press in fittings and i wonder if the l20 or l30 pump and the tube diameter would be enough to make this baby shine!

i seem to recall reading that the waterchill fittings are 3/8" NPT - so changing them for bigger barbs would be pretty easy...

i think the block looks really nice. from the looks of the pics, it has an excellent finish. but the way they integrated all the mounting holes into 1 plate might pose a problem. i am pretty sure the ones in the middle would hit my northbridge heatsink.

Last edited:
still, i personaly prefer universal blocks.
they good in the case u may chane your CPU type and don't want to buy/modefy your WB

it is convenient until you can't use it cause it gets in the way

edit: i emailed asetek and they said it would fit and is within the intel boundrys

Last edited:
Back