• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modified F9 BIOS with changed Boot Logo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nephewkp

Modify an Award BIOS to change Boot Logo

Hey, I just wanted to let anyone know that I hacked the F9 BIOS and was able to change the boot logo. Until I finally recieved an email from Gigabyte, I thought that Facewizard would be able to change the logo...but that isn't true. Gigabyte said that there wasn't enough mem in the bios for the image to be loaded properly, so Facewizard wouldn't work. They suggested that I either go without or remove modules from the bios and then load the image. After much testing and experimenting...I was finally successful in getting a custom image to display when boot logo is enabled in the BIOS.

I am including instructions on how I did it.

NOTE- I take no responsibility for any damage to the computer or any loss of data. Unless you know what you are doing, don't try to reflash your bios. It could result in a corrupted bios and a computer that won't post. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Sorry I couldn't post the bios image. It was too big.

Attachments

• inst.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
bump....just didn't want it to get buried. I know a lot of your guys (and gals) use gigabyte mobos that run the F9 bios. So having a cool splashscreen during boot would be nice....right?

If anyone wants a copy of my current bios (which includes the image used in my avitar)...PM me or post here that you want me to put it up...and I will find a server so that I can put a link to it here.

Nephewkp said:
bump....just didn't want it to get buried. I know a lot of your guys (and gals) use gigabyte mobos that run the F9 bios. So having a cool splashscreen during boot would be nice....right?

If anyone wants a copy of my current bios (which includes the image used in my avitar)...PM me or post here that you want me to put it up...and I will find a server so that I can put a link to it here.
Hey man wazzzuuup, I'm planning to buy new memory modules, since you have the same mobo as mine I was wondering when I get these Ram (link below) and just put it on this motherboard (Ga-8KNXP rev.2) will my computer work fine without making any changes just leaving it stock.:confused:

Corsair Pro TWINX 1024MB PC3200

I have heard that this mobo has problems with corsair ram...I suggest getting another brand of ram to have a better chance of it working properly. maybe geil, ocz, or something like that. The ram I have is ADATA (nice and cheap) and it works fine at stock speeds....I haven't tried to overclock the ram at all....yet. :D

ReSiStAnCe said:
Hey man wazzzuuup, I'm planning to buy new memory modules, since you have the same mobo as mine I was wondering when I get these Ram (link below) and just put it on this motherboard (Ga-8KNXP rev.2) will my computer work fine without making any changes just leaving it stock.:confused:

Corsair Pro TWINX 1024MB PC3200
Hey man and what do u think about Kingston? :confused: Check the link: Kingston HyperX 1024MB PC3200

Nephewkp said:
I think that Kingston is pretty good. I have never used it myself, so I am only going on what I have heard about it.
Ok I think I'm going with Kingston, thanks for the help.:D

i havent noticed any problems with Corsair ram, running XMS 400DDR at 2,5 5 4 3 if i remeber right... it craps out at 225Mhz fsb.. havent tried more voltage, and rexalinf timings.. have a heatproblem in my Prescott as it is... Cooler on the way.
B!

i have no problems with corsair ram either, that was a problem when the board was just released, it was fixed a while ago.

Back