• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Mobile XP 2400 or 2500? QUICK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godrifle

Registered
I want to overclock moderately on a DFI Ultra Infinity mobo. I'm looking at XP 2400+ and 2500+ mobile. Been told they are Barton core and unlocked.

NewEgg shows something I thought was odd: The 2400 @ 1.93 GHz and the 2500 @ 1.83 GHz. Is this right? Which would be better for OC? Of course, the 2400 is $16 bones cheaper (pay for a cooler).

Both have user reports indicating they are successfully OCing.

Thanks!

Well if you are only going to moderately overclock, get the cheaper one. I'm sure either of them can at least go up to 2.3

It's an XP CPU build for mobile computers. It will run in regular mobos. Specs on it show a slower bus speed, but everyone's reporting that like the old unlocked 2500s, you can substantiallly bump FSB and clock speed. W00t!

Yup:D
Milkman-2500BARTON.jpg

im going to have a prommie. (they're shipping it tommorow) which proc should i get?

Biznatch you're giving the Mobile 2500+ too much vcore...Mine ran stable at 10x240 on 1.8v on the Lanparty B (same PCB). Unfortunately it's dead (to mobo bios died) and its replacement was crap so I'm waiting on a good one. Anyway I think my stepping was IGYFA week 49 (I think)...I can check when I get home. BTW - I know the Infinity undervolts by close to .05 but that's still a tad high.

Back