• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

korndog's WC setup REV 3!! (21 pic!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

Okey, i went all out this time..
not only am i broke, i'm a week behind in physics homework..
anywho, here we go.
heres the pump upgrade..
rev2_001.jpg
can u say, restriction?
rev2_002.jpg
lets compare.. maxijet900 vs mag3
rev2_003.jpg

Why did you use the big brass piece on the pump? You can get a normal barb that will screw over the pump threads and cause less restriction. Just a thought though.

Nice looking rad setup so far btw.

no more restriction, woot
rev2_016.jpg
mmm.. chrome
rev2_017.jpg
those are 3/4 fittings, heh
rev2_018.jpg
btw, aquafresh is a nice vibration damper!!

Last edited:
wannaoc said:
Why did you use the big brass piece on the pump? You can get a normal barb that will screw over the pump threads and cause less restriction. Just a thought though.

Nice looking rad setup so far btw.

couldn't find a female 1/2" npt at orchard (argh). i changed it from a 3/8 to 1/2 for the output so its not so bad now. that pic was with the 3/8.
as u can see, i kinda copied bladerunners setup where he has a big inlet and small outlets on his waterblock. hopfully that helps with restriction. i know it would better if it was all 1/2, but i'm stuck with 3/8" with all my current components..

thanks btw, rad shrouding didn't cost me a cent (stole the cardboard from my friend)

The Big One said:
give us some temp's

hehe
okey okey
before i had 33c idle / 36 load @ about 23c ambient with my maxijet
now i have 32c idle / 36 load @ 25c ambient with the mag 3 and a extra vga waterblock. so 3c improvement on the idle and 2c on the load. i think most of it was due to how picky i was with the mounting. also keep in mind i reaplied ceramique so it hasn't set in yet. my HD temps are up though :-/

btw, my mag 3 is very very quiet now, it wasn't at first because of the damn air bubbles. now my system is very quiet without that damn vga fan too

//edit BTW, i got an extra 16mhz on my overclock!!! W00T!!
hehehe. that doesn't matter much though. my 5200fx got an extra 30mhz core increase and 20mhz on the memory overclock and is stable @ 1.6v now. all this added 1300points on my 3d2k1 score... eh atleast it looks cooler now

What the heck did you do to that Maxi-Jet to make it look like somebody spewed on it?

If I saw your system in person, I'd want to drink the coolant because it looks like Tang. Mmmmm... Tang.

thats uv paint went wrong
hehe
yea, it looks tangy, but the fumes made me so sick, it kind of reminds of me of cough syrup

50/50 mix ratio is WAY TOO HIGH for a watercooled system. I would have added more distilled water to the mix.

dont' have any, its actually not as thick as the green coolant that i used to use so i'm happy with this.

Yeah, looks like a little coolant ratio overkill - I only use two cups per gallon of distilled of Dex-Cool in my setup. That comes to about 12.5%.

Other than that though, everything looks great! Congrats on good temps. Is that at stock or overclocked?

I just noticed the routing that goes from the cpu block to the chipset and the graphics card. Very good idea and just helped me figure out some problems with mine. Great idea.

I'm still building my system, but it never occured to me that the routing could be done that way. Fore some reason I always thought of putting a "Y" after the CPU to go into the GPU then NB.
But i really liked the way you did it, that's why I have to ask two questions. Do you think it will work on 1/2" tubing? and Does it afect flow at all compared to the way I was thinking?
Very nice btw:cool:

Hey Korndog- I noticed you have panaflo L1A's and that torin blower. How would you compare the noise from the blower to a panaflo L1A?
Oh yeah, and are they 80mm L1A's? And what voltage is the blower at?
Thanks.

Back