• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ookabooka

Cant seem to find any good info on amd64 boards. I am thinking about getting a amd64 and then overclocking it, since it looks like all amd 64 chips max out at the same speed, i should be able to get a cheaper one (3000+) and oc that. Anyone know what chipsets i should be lookin for in mobos? or specific kinds? Basically i want the cheapest one that o/c's well, i dont need any bells and whistles like onboard audio/lan/firewire etc. . .

I currently have a shuttle AN50R that is a pretty good overclocker. Able to get my A64 3000+ up to 2350mhz (235x10) with limited overclocking time. Should be able to go even higher since the CPU was only at 1.55v and my Mushkin PC3500 level 1 had 2-3-2-6 timings @ 2.8v. Not to shabby. Of course there is a downside, as the AN50R does not like my current ATI 9500 PRO that is fine in my other two computers, so I may have to RMA the motherboard and get a different one.

I just bought the Asus KV8. I don't have it yet, but I've read a few reviews that have shown it to be quite the board. People who DO have it seem to like it as well.

For socket 754 or 940? I can tell you that the Chaintech ZNF3-150 is hands-down the best socket 754 board, it is the only board to my knowledge that has pci AND agp lock on socket 754.

the n3 boards have agp but i didnt know they had pci locks as well or is it something chaintech did?take a look at ecs-a2 sis chip set for the a-64 with pci and agp locks.

they dont have pcis lock on any of a64 chips as of right now but they are pro version coming so we will see.

Back