• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Groundfury

Registered
I have just setup my swiftech WC system and is it just me or does the MCR80 rad SUCK big time i cant get my temps below 105F running stock settings.. I have reset the waterblock with now luck... Anyone tell me a good rad that i can fit inside my case that would be cheap?

Yes it does suck big time. Heater cores are the cheapest, but I doubt you'll fit them inside your case. BIX might fit, but seeing as you bought the 80mm you probably don't have very much room at all...

I have room to go bigger on the rad i can put it in the top of my case, I'm looking for something that can take 120mm fans not sure what is a good rad to get that would be cheap. If a car heatercore is the answer car makes and year would be great, as the auto repair places here are as*es when it comes to asking questions

85/86 chevette heatercore. search for chevette on the forums and you'll be able to see some pics and setups with them. they are bigger than a 120mm fan, but you can buy or make a shroud to fit the fan.

what case do you have?

Back