• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fun OCing a GA-7VAXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hilts

Hello there,
I'm having some interesting experiences overclocking a Barton 2800 in a 7VAXP. I've got 512Mb of 2100 Micron Ram (slow I know) and a Radeon 9800 pro. I believe I've done the unlocking mod on the bottom of the mobo (wire mod) to unlock the Barton but when I try to set the dip switches on the clock multiplier higher than the standard 12.5x funny things happen. With 13x set the CPU speed reads as 834Mhz and with 13.5x it reads 918Mhz.

I've tried the Hacked F13 BIOS but that wont fix the clock anyway - I suspect that my unlocking of the Barton failed - but I'd like to know why the CPU speed appears as it is. It seems wierd as the FSB is still reads as 166, the Bus at 333 but the multiplier goes right down to 5x or 5.5x when its set manually to 13x and 13.5.

Anybody else seen this?

cheers.

I presume you are meaning the wire trick when you say the unlocking mod. If so then what you are getting is normal on that mobo. What you have done by the mod is default the CPU to the lower multti rang, ie 5x to 12.5x, to get a higher multi then you will need to undo the mod.
Hood

What what what?

Hilts said:
With 13x set the CPU speed reads as 834Mhz and with 13.5x it reads 918Mhz.
What what what do you have dip-switches over 12.5, what's the rev. number in your mobo?
Have you managed to change cpu multiplier via software.
I need to know... max ratio of 12.5 keeps me from hitting 2500mhz milestone with my moded duron 1.4@AXP 2300

Back