• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Watercooling a Athlon 64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone was watercooling a A64?

I just ordered a A64 3200+ and was thinking of getting a Maze4 for it from Danger Den to use with my current WC setup. Anyone using that block have any opinions? Also what are your temps looking like?

Last edited:
I am watercooling my A64 (3200)(IHS removed), I am using a RBX. I had a Maze4 on it for awihle too. I will eventually switch back to the Maze 4 because I will have 4 blocks in series and need all the flow I can get. Uguru says that my CPU is at 34 deg C. I have a little overclock running with the vcore @ 1.65 (2.4ghz)

good luck with the water on the A64

nice overclock & temps! I probably wont remove the IHS (yet anyway ;) ). Hope to hit 2.4GHz also. Thanks for the info

Well I got me Maze 4 in today...sure is alot easier to mount blocks on these boards lol.

Anyway at 1.7v (more then needed) and 2.4GHz I'm getting idle temps of 25c and load temps of 32c. Ambient is 20c. This is with all fans at 7v. Not to shabby and finally utter silence. Once the AS5 "breaks in" and I get all the air out, hopefully that'll drop another 1-2c under load.

Once I get some pictures up tomorrow I'll open another thread and give more detail :)

Last edited:
I finally started assembling my new system today. The only thing missing (will be here Friday) is a 74gig raptor for my OS (I use a 120gig Seagate sata 7200.0 for games, etc). I have the Asus K8V Deluxe, 3400+, 2x512 Mushkin pc3200 level 1, 9800XT, Audigy 2 ZS, Plextor 708A dvd burner and to power it all, a PC Power and Cooling 510 trubo deluxe. I'm using the RBX for Amd64 with a MCP600 (rev 2), BIX rev 2 and a BayRes. I installed XP on the Seagate just to make sure all of the components were going to work (they did) and got idle temps in windows of 24 degrees. No load temps, I didn't put any programs on this temp install.
I must say I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the RBX. I used an RBX on my XP2500+ that I overclocked to 3200+ speeds and was never very happy with it. I just couldn't get the darn thing to seat properly on the cpu. It definately seats squarely on the 3400+, though! It was extremely easy to mount the block onto the Amd64 setup.
Can't wait until Friday night!

Shawn

Back