• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I run my Mag 3 Upside down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just tried it, works fine
but u gotta make sure that the inlet is flooded, it doesn't self prime, lol

hm.. don't know really..
i've run large pumps (1/2hp+) in all kinds of positions.. but those are selfprime.. don't see how it could do anything. the magnetic field/impeller should keep it in the right place regardless of how u put it. i believe one of the members is running it at 90 degrees with no problem..

The only problem I can think of is air getting trapped inside the pump. Maybe it's not a problem.

I have mine kinda sideways - Inlet pointing up, outlet going out horizontally. Works fine for me, no problems whatsoever.

I know my CSL Velocity T1 has a really big warning in the manual, saying that you cannot safely run it with the pump motor positioned higher than the housing chamber (not even on a slight angle 'downwards'). I haven't tried running it like that however, so I can't confirm it ;) ;) :p

Beats me as to why this is the case.

If you do run it upside down, be sure to watch for air getting trapped inside of the pump, as it's the highest point in your case the way you've planned it.

Back