• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different mounting option for bayres?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

Im in the middle of re modding my case and was thinking about mounting my bayres somewhere different inside my case.

I want to mount it next to my mobo with the barbs pointing down.(basically sandwiched between my heatercore and the case) What Im wondering is would this create a flow problem? I doubt it would unless you have a low-flow pump or a restrictive setup, but I would like some opinions. I think this would seriously help the air bubble problem that some people have as well.

Thanks Pyros

The end that is usually in the front of your case and has the fill plug will be at the top of the res and the fill plug will be facing sideways now. It will not be fixed to the case securely until after it is filled. The way I see it is even if there is some air left in the res, as long as the coolant can flow over the seperator plate in the res there wont be any problems. With the barbs at the bottom(which is usually the back in its normal position) there will be an easy 6-7" of coolant on top of the barbs and air shouldnt be able to get back into the system.
And if it create some flow problems, I could switch my flow. Instead of leaving the pump and going to the rad it could go to the res first instead.

And btw, your barbs helped increase my flow and lower my temps. ;) Thanks johan851. :beer:

Glad to hear it buddy. :)

I think that might end up being a little awkward during the filling and bleeding process, but otherwise I don't think flowrates or anything would be any different than if you had it mounted horizontally. It would also help keep air out of the system, like you said.

Back