• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N-U Multiplier and DDR questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geekguy

Registered
I just bought a AN35N-Ultra 400 from newegg. I had a few questions though. I'm planning on running it with a Athlon 2500+ Barton which would run 166*11 stock, correct? Now correct me if I'm wrong but from the things I've read around other sites, on most nforce2 mobos you can atleast clock the multiplier down in the bios. I bought DDR400 and I want to run syncronously with it without OCing (for now atleast). So that would be 200 * 9. I can do this just from BIOS right?

Second question. I didn't know this board had issues with some CAS2 DDR at FSB200+. :( I bought a twinpack of Corsair 256MB DDR3200 sticks rated at 2-3-3-6 T1. Does anyone know if I'm gonna have problems achieving memory speeds that tight when I up my bus to 200?

Thanks for the help!

i used to run my 2500@200 fsb 2-2-2-6 timings so I think you should be ok.unless you get an unlocked barton your not going to be able to adjust the multi up or down but it should run 200*11 without breaking a sweat

Yeah...I didn't think those guys knew what they were talking about when they said the nforce2 BIOS magically unlocked the XP's.

I would run it at 200*11 but since it is technically my dad's system he's a bit adverse to the overclocking. So I could either 1) buy some better cooling and talk him into it or 2) try and unlock it so I could run at 200*9 or 3) just give up and run my ram at 333 instead of 400 (on newegg it was actually bout $10 cheaper than the 333Mhz sticks for some weird reason).

Speaking of ram I'm still worried about some of the issues others have been having, specifically with the Corsair XMS series. Colt, what kind of ram are you using? Anyone else using Corsiar LL pairs fine in this mobo?

Get your dad a Thermaltake Volcano-12 Extreme @ www.ajump.com its only $30.00 delivered and can run from low, slow and quiet to loud, fast and super-cool depending on requirements. I'd leave your Dad's Barton @200FSB X 11 with good cooling these new locked Barton 2500+ do 2.2Ghz in their sleep with little to any additional VCore. Download Sandra and show your Dad the extra performance he's getting outta his rig, he'll like the dual fan speed controllers that come included with the V-12. Make sure you get MBM5, Speedfan or Aida to track your temps, voltages and fan rpms. Just my $0.02

Regards, Balrog

geekguy said:

Speaking of ram I'm still worried about some of the issues others have been having, specifically with the Corsair XMS series. Colt, what kind of ram are you using?

Kingston HyperX 3200. I knew before hand of the issues so I was prepared with a different brand of memory for initial boot.After that no other problems than the ones that I have created due to experimentation:D

Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully the corsair will work fine, if not I'll just RMA it and get something else. I also see a shiny new HSF in this machine's future. :D

Dood buy some geil pc3500.It will help u overclock as u know the cpu or the mem will hold u back.Pump the volt dimm tp 1.7 as thats the only choice u have on an 35 ultra.Possibly kik the cpu volt up yo 1.7 then kik ***.U got good board what u gonna do.
I run 130 fsb or faster . amd adives gainst this,but hey its stable fer 100 buks ill kill it

Back