• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with ga7zmmh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<G()TC|-|@>

Hello this is my first post here ......

well i was hoping someone would help me, i recently aquired a amd athlon xp 1800 and installed it but it only registers as a 1.15ghz i downloaded the latest bios update which is supposed to support up to a 2400 but it still only lists it as a 1.15. i tried to set the jumper for 133 fsb but it will not boot at this setting ???
does this mb not support 133 fsb ? if i cant resolve this issue i guess i will have to break down and get a new mb :( .... i am not financially able to at this time so i was trying to use mine....

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated......

Re: ga-7zmmh not posting.

this MB is very picky about memory. Memory used must be pc 133 or pc 100, non parity, non ecc, unbuffered clock4, cas2. For 133 set dip switch to.
1 (on) 2 (off) 3 (on) 4 (on), JP10 to 1-2. I have 3 of these boards and only a few of my memory modules will work.
The wrong modules will cause it not to post. It will post after cmos clear but when restarted it will not post unless proper memory is used. Crucial memory modules work best.

http://www.crucial.com

Also this board has bios problems with identifying XP+ Cpus: Be sure to download from Gigabyte the bios f9 or f11b to correct.

Back