• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x-X series, any one OCed on it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

archish

Ok I am going to buy an 2500+ Barton Athlon Xp with asus a7n8x-x motherboard. I want to OC it to 3200+ 400mhz fsb barton. I am going for asus a7n8x-X series m/b due to cheaper cost. I want to know will I be able to reach that speed on th X series?

thanks

yup I have done it and it works great I had to up the vcore to 1.7 but runs everything I have thrown at it

You can hit that easily, might be able to do it with the stock voltage. I would invest in some after market heatsink/ fan though .. And your passive northbridge heatsink might warmup, so you might want to think about getting a fan for that too.

I've used this mobo for buddy of mine... Currently running 200x11 at 1.67 volts, with an SK-7 and 80mm Tt SF2, 1x512 Corsair XMS3200.

sch-55 said:
atm im using this board without overclocking anything but the northbridge overheats in 3d apps, sux :(

Can you clarify what you mean by "overheating"? Because the northbridge gets warm at stock settings - this is perfectly normal. Are you having problems with your graphics settings? How is this "overheating" affecting your system?

A7N8X-X here :D
I have no cooling whatsoever on my northbridge and have not had any problems with it overheating... currently (last week or two) I've been running 2346mhz - 1.775v - 42C idle - 20C mobo temp

I've had it running (almost) stable past 2450mhz, ran fine but errored p95 shortly after loading it (1.85v just doesen't cut it :D)

I've had it all the way up to 235fsb today :D it only errors out when I try to push the CPU too much... the cheap RAM was actually fine somehow but with relaxed timings. I've settled on a new setting 222 x 10.5 @ 1.775v and 9-3-3-3 @ 2.7v almost the same as before but with a much higher FSB, but lower RAM timings... The RAM read/write numbers are a lot better this way so I probably gained a little speed and now idle at 41c

Not bad for a budget setup (well minus the 9800AIW... that wasen't really a budget card, especially when I picked it up :D)

Back