• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My stupidity!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, so today my Asus P4P800 Deluxe died! Nothing would post on the screen and I tried everything to fix it (went to a friend and tried all my components in his computer... everything worked.... and the only thing left was my board)..

So... Like an idiot I go out and buy the Abit IC7 and only realize that it does not have onboard lan at all (after I had fully installed the board and windows).... Back to the computer store on Monday!

My question:
Should I step up to the IC7-G? MAx? or Asus P4C800e dlx? (which one is best.. best performance and o/c ability?)
OR
Should I get an AI7?

PLease help.

Avoid the MAX3, too problematic. I have one on the shelf. The P4C800-E is a great board but pricey. Is your 2.8 running stable at 3.6 again on the IC7? You could always drop $20 on a nic and live with the IC7. The AI7 is a good board at a good price. If price is your biggest concern, get another P4P or go AI7.

Every board oc's differnet. One IC7 could out oc a P4C and vice versa. Try a few out and keep the one that runs your chip the best. My MAX3 topped out at 3.5 and I can do 3.7 on the P4C but requires a bit more voltage than I'm willing to live with.

Do a search, I've seen a few threads on the P4S. I don't think it has dual channel but is a very good board as well.

It says on the Asus website that the p4s800 deluxe has duel channel ddr.

My question: why not get the P4S800 deluxe?

Would you choose (if money is not an option... but you dont spend it just because you can afford it) the P4C800E dlx or P4S800 E dlx?

why?

The P4S800 is single channel, but the P4S800e deluxe is duel channel... unless Im understanding that incorrectly, it has 800fsb.

Vio1 said:
Hi, so today my Asus P4P800 Deluxe died! Nothing would post on the screen and I tried everything to fix it (went to a friend and tried all my components in his computer... everything worked.... and the only thing left was my board)..

So... Like an idiot I go out and buy the Abit IC7 and only realize that it does not have onboard lan at all (after I had fully installed the board and windows).... Back to the computer store on Monday!

My question:
Should I step up to the IC7-G? MAx? or Asus P4C800e dlx? (which one is best.. best performance and o/c ability?)
OR
Should I get an AI7?

PLease help.

I'm curious why you don't just slap in a five dollar 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Card.

I'm also curious why ur Asus P4P800 Deluxe died?
and Personally, i'd still get asus :)

As to just adding an ethernet card... well I dont know, i guess its an excuse to get another board... thats all. Im still tossed up on if i should try the Asus P4S800d e deluxe. On every review Ive seen it beats the ASus P4C800 E deluxe on just about every test... and its soo much cheaper. I could get the P4S800 and a wireless keyboard and mouse for less then a P4C800 e deluxe... and have better perf then the expensive counter part.

If anyone knows why I should choose the P4C800 E deluxe over the P4S800 E Deluxe, let them speak now or forever hold there peace.

okay, I want another board... so please forget about a nic card... which of the two mobos should I get? P4C or P4S?

P4C-800E. It'll give you the highest FSB. Sis has problems over 255 unless a bios has fixed it. The 875 chipset will only be slightly faster in most apps, almost unoticeable.

b4 u get a nic card or a new mobo, im still wondering, why ur Asus P4P800 Deluxe died? :)

I have no idea why my Asus P4P800 stopped working. One day it just would not post. I removed everything from it but the cpu, vid and 1 stick of ram... still nothing posted. I tried all my components on a friends' computer and all of them worked. The only thing left was the mobo... im in the process of getting it RMAed.

Back