• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S undervolting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

With vcore in BIOS set to stock (1.65) I only get 1.6 actual. I have to up it to 1.7 vcore in BIOS to get 1.63 maximum actual. I've got the latest BIOS (sometime in December release date) Any ideas as to why this is happening, or more importantly how to fix it?

I've used MBM5 and BIOS. I haven't tried a multimeter yet but that's next on my list. The thing is by boosting a full tenth of a volt in BIOS, any reading I get is only going up ~.03. As I sit now at 1.65 it's reading 1.58-1.6

Yep, I've noticed the same thing on my NF7-S. I haven't used a multimeter to check though. It also seems at low voltages to be fairly close while the gap widens as you increase the vcore. Also with my previous chip, I needed 1.75 vcore (BIOS) to run stable in my EPoX 8RDA+, when the Abit needed 1.82 vcore to be stable at the same speed. The EPoX seemed to be overvolting, while the Abit seemed to be undervolting. I don't really see it as a problem, I just use the voltage needed to make my CPU run stable. My current CPU is stable at 1.75 vcore in the BIOS, 11x220. So it's not really detrimental to any overclock. I'm guessing if I put this chip in the EPoX it would only need 1.675 or 1.7 vcore (BIOS) to run stable at that speed. Just use the voltage you need and keep an eye on your temps.

I guess I should be grateful that I can get 1.9Ghz on 1.6vcore. It's really no biggie since I decided against watercooling (several reasons). I'll be going with a SP-97 and a SmartFan2.

Sentinel, you have any links to MOSFET cooling? Sounds like something I'd be into :cool:

Errr....ummmm

I kinda *hacked apart* :D an old unknown CPU heatsink I got from a rink-a-dink shop locally. The fins were really really long (almost 3inches!) Soooo I put em on my mofsets. Each sink sits as high as my SK7 :eek:

Im sure RAM sinks would work nicely

Linky:http://www.svc.com/memmodheatsp.html

However mine are much beefier than these. I really wish I had a digital camera so I could show you.

However I will give you a visual. It was kinda hard to find em but....... my sinks sit over 3 times the size of the capacaters sitting around the MOFSETS on my NF7.

Needless to say.....problem solved :beer: My voltage hardly fluxes any more!

The sinks are acutally cool to the touch...lol

!EDIT!: I just noticed how strikingly similar our setups are..lol. How is your L1 hanging in with the high FSBs? Mine is being a royal pain in the a$$. I cant get it past 224 without increasing voltage.

And my stupid RAM dosnt like voltage! Oh well :D If you wanna see a preview of what these NF7s are capable of check out my sig. (notice the 3dmark score) Hopefully you didnt get Infineon RAM like I did :(

Also Ive been having such a horrible time tryin to get this POS prime95 stable. At this point Ive given up. Atleast its stable on everything else :(

Last edited:
well I haven't gone over ~10Mhz fsb more since I was worried about the voltage issue (makes me feel better that my rig wouldn't run 200x11 at 1.6 volts though :)) I did get the Infineon RAM :( but it's still a great card

Yup I agree, eventhough my RAM is a gimp, the GPU is superb!

On another note Ill give you some tips I found along the way.

First you gotta do the L12 mod. Also for some reason Setting the VDD/AGP voltage to 1.7 has gotten me stable @ 224. I still have not idea why raising the AGP voltage works.

On my old board it would start to artifract like crazy if I did this, but not the the NF7 :eh?:

Oh well.....she's a strange one, but yet a good one.

Also be sure to use D1.0. I got a verson of the BIOS that dosnt corrupt fortunatly I found it again! Its only for Revision 2.0!!!...NOT 1.1....;)

http://www.shroomer.com/Files/SNF7D_10.zip

This one's a keeper :beer: Be careful, some boards prefer certian BIOS. For some reason mine like d10 eventhough I havent had the board longer than a week!

Try this one out and do the L12. Hopefully you will break 230mgz....unlike me :/

Last edited:
Back