• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

= BIOS Recovery?? Help =

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultrAclAmm

hey guyz....My 1st post......I really like this forum, read several great threads.

Now to my issue/question:
I have a Chaintech 7NJL1 and it won't boot for !@#$%. It's been shady since I got it....picky about my mem (Corsair XMS PC3200) and anytime I made any change in the BIOS, it wouldn't post and I'd have to clear it and put in a stick of cheap mem to get it back up again......anywho, that doesn't even work anymore....nothing does, it won't post at all or beep.....Is there a way to recover/replace the BIOS in case it became corrupt?

Thanks.
clAmm out

There is a thread on the subject of bios recovery, either in this forum, or computing.net. Im pretty sure it was here. In a case like yours, where you can't even get it to post, I would figure either a new bios chip form Chaintech, or a hot flash, which would require another computer with the same bios, and swapping out the bios chips with the good one while its running, and reflashing. Very risky bussiness. The post goes thru the procedure. Scared me just reading it.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/archive/topic/43035-1.html

This isn't the one I was thinking about, but the same method. I'm gonna try it on an old pentium tx pro socket 7 for kicks. (can't hurt it, and it was free)

Last edited:
If your bios is shot, you could buy a new one. Look on ebay. I got one for my board $19 shipped.

thx ....but, doesn't it have to be an exact match? or does it matter as long as it's the same type (ie, Pheonix)

clAmm

Back