• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People loving the NF7-S???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carmine_Paterno

All I have to say is why?

The NF7-S has 2 major major problems :

1...The 10x and 10.5x multipliers at and above 220fsb. (some boards if not all, and if your lucky the D10 will fix your problems)

2...The big problem --> Voltage fluctuation. You cant get a decent overclock on this board unless your chip does extremely good with low voltage (close to stock). I get crazy voltage fluctuations and it definetly isnt my psu because it is the same one i used on my KX7 to get this barton 3000+ to 2.67ghz.

The only good thing I see about this board is the onboard SATA, soundstorm, and the fact that it does semi-well with fsb. My top is 230.

Whats the point of having high voltage options if anything over 1.75v fluctuates heavily?

Im thinking of going back to my KX7-333R and taking this baby back up to 2.6ghz for everyday use @ 200fsb. Ill sacrifice 30fsb, AGP 8x, and my WD raptor for 300mhz and stability.

Woa, slow down.

There are ways to get around the voltage fluctuation. When I put some sinks on the MOFSETS it helped greatly.

Yes it does seem a bit unstable in alot of reguards. But you gotta remember for some reason its extremely efficient. It may not be 2.6ghz but it will act like it!

Just be patient, Im am with mine right now. Hell it wont break 225! But im gonna bear with it. So far Im begining to see my NF7 start to shine. All it needs is a little more tweeking.

Have faith in your skillz!

I have sinks on the mosfets, hell i even have a 80mm tornado blowing threw my psu directly.

Im sorry to say it but this is my second nf7-s and im not very impressed.

no problems with the multi's here, and while i dont o/c to like 2.6ghz, i dont have any voltage problems either:)

only downside, is that this board will not pass 227mhz DC at all.

no i just got that impression, dont take it personally haha :)

anyway, ive seen alot of posts of people experiencing what I do, how about we hear from some of you...

I don't know what it is but i can't take my Barton XP-2500, NF-7 V2 HyperX PC3500 beyond 11 x 200.

I once plugged an Enermax 120mm into one of the fan headers and the mobo went whacky on me. I learnt quickly not to connect any fans directly onto this mobo.

I believe that Abit has pushed this board to the edge in terms of voltage regulations.

On the positive note, even @ 11 x 200, it seems much faster than my Asus A7N8X Deluxe running at the same speed.

Well, a good solution to problem 1 is to not sure the 10 and 10.5x multipliars ;). But seriously though, I remember being able to use them fine.

Also, my voltages are pretty stable and I'm at 1.9-2V Vcore. Even on my last chip, my vcore was around 1.9V and it was always stable...

Back