• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New bios needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BalliN

Well startin a new tread cause can't seem to get any responses in others :(

Ok was juss about to try the d10beta4 turbo bios but now I've decided not too. Too many peps seem to have problems with it. Can someone tell me where to get this D21 or D22 bios?

My problem (well seems to be to me) is that I can't seem to run this barton 2500 with cpu interface enabled at 200x11 with 1.75vcore. And I can't run prime95 for over two hours even at 1.75 with it disabled. And at stock it bombs in less then 5-10 sec. Currently usin bios 14 (stock)

NF7-S v2.0
Barton 2500 1.75v (not stable)
2x512 3200 Patriot mem 2,3,3,7 2.9vdimm

Any suggestions welcome,

BalliN

..... D14 is not a peticularly good BIOS AFIK.I personally use a modded version of D10 that is reliable.

I would reccomend looking around for the best BIOS and flash a coupla of them to see what works for you.

Example (me):

D21.....works very well max FSB:221. 10 / 10.5 multis dont work... :(
D20..... crap, aweful, very unstable under any setting
D22...... also bad
D10b4 Turbo.....not bad about the same as D21. But the temp probe is really off :mad:
D10.......ok kinda shakey
SNFD10...... :beer: Bingo! Max FSB 223, now limited by SB cooling & RAM

Just give a couple of them a shot. I personally dont flash via floppy, its too nerve racking for me. I use winflash. Its official, its safe, hasnt failed me yet (*knock on wood*).

If you want a gaurnteed 400FSB follow this guide. Ive used it myself and think it is safe, IF you follow the directions carefully.

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

To use the wire-in-socket method like I didm you must select the "socket view" Otherwise you might fry you CPU, because the wires will be in the wrong place :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks sentential........miss typed when I put d14 really ment d10 (stock). Where can I get SNFD10 bios? Would like to try that one.

Also is that winflash freeware?

Thanks again,

BalliN

Np, anytime, thats what the community is for. I hope it goes well!

For some odd reason :confused: is actually lowers the minimal voltage required to reach high clockspeeds. I still have no idea why.

Let me know how it goes! I think you will be quite happy with it!

Don't seem to be able to open the site for the bios. Was gonna do it today. Maybe waited to long?

Back