• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe VDimm mod Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elmer2000

Registered
Hi,
I'm a noob so help me out here, the Vdimm mod helps increase FSB? I wonder if it will help me any. I have a Pentium4 2.8C M0 P4P800 Deluxe with Geil Ultra Plat PC4200 DDR.... Im getting stuck at 252 fsb at Vcore 1.6 and Vdim 2.85. No matter how high Vcore it wont boost my fsb. One thing I notice weird about Prime95 is if you run just one Prime torture test and CPU burn in, it will run all day but if I run two Prime 95 torture test (CPU=0 blend and other CPU =1 place ftt) it freezes. Also when I boost my fsb to higher then 252... it just locks up in Prime95 or errors, wonder if that is do to more needed Vdimm?

hmmmm r u running ur ram at 5:4? or 1:1? check sig below, im 24 hours+ prime stable :) no mods...

btw, if u could put ur rigs specs on profile like mine, that would be a good idea :)

Not sure how to get to sig. and type it out
but its:
P4 2.8C M0
Geil Ultra Plat PC4200 DDR(2X256)
Ati Radeon 7200 .....(sucks I know)
Aspire 500W
5 Fans ( one exhaust and 4 intake)
Stock Heatsink and Fan

FSB 252
Vcore 1.6
Vdimm 2.85
CPU/Memory = 1:1
Memory timing 3,4,4,8
MAM enable
Turbo disable
AGP/PCI= 66/33
AGP = 1.5

Temp
idle 30ish
load 48ish (Prime torture test)

V rails look ok except for drop in 12V rail which it drops to 12.612 some times at load...

wonder if Vdim mod will help boost FSB more...?

oh put it in ur sig, got to Profile (Top Left) then click on "Edit Profile" then u will see ur sig box :) running at 1:1 is too agreessive for that ram, try running 5:4, u might wanna try my settings :)

i dont think the ratio is the problem.........PC4200 DDR533??????

in case u havent read ur mobo manual, it only supports up to PC3200 (1:1) @ DDR 400... but suit urself, thats only my opinion :)

With PC4200 you're gonna need some xtra vdimm to push that. I think the max vdimm on that board is 2.85 which isn't much at all. That's your problem. I had to mod my vdimm to be able to get 245 1:1 with 3.1v

vdimm mod will increase stability of ur ram, by then, u can raise ur fsb :)

If your FSB is at it's max then the volt mod won't do anything to increase it. The mod allowed me to raise the bus to my ram while keeping tight timings. If you note my sig my max fsb is actually 300+. The volt. mod thread is at the top of the page.

GD

ciku said:
in case u havent read ur mobo manual, it only supports up to PC3200 (1:1) @ DDR 400... but suit urself, thats only my opinion :)

I don't follow any book because I feel some of it is trash.

1:1 with DDR400 doesn't sound right, not to me anyway. I think there was someone running DDR433 with 5:4

ciku said:

The reason being is that PC3200 or DDR400 is the highest rating officially recognized by JEDEC(or whatever the name is). I'm running PC3500 or DDR 433 at 5:4 with a fsb at 290...Hmnnn, that's 232 or DDR 466ish(pc3700). It may not be supported but it runs anyway.

There are guys on this forum running upwards of 250-265 1:1 with full pat on an 865 chipset.

Yes, I agree... but they are telling you thats the highest they support, if u go higher, your on your own. If it doesnt run, then its your problem.

Probably.
2.8c doesn't like above 1.6 vcore or gets unstable. Most can't get above 250fsb on air.
I bet if he ran Prime 95 on it, it would fail. Mine will run fine on 250fsb but fails Prime. I need mine Prime stable, since I do some video editing. Just for games though it seems fine.

Bobby said:
Could it be that 252fsb is the max of his 2.8c cpu???

-Bobby

More than likely. IMO the 2.6's and 2.8's are poor choices for ocing. I built/ helped build several P4 rigs now and have yet to get a great oc from either of those speed cpu's.

Yes, I agree... but they are telling you thats the highest they support, if u go higher, your on your own. If it doesnt run, then its your problem.

If that were true then wouldn't you be on your own if you didn't use only the ram that's listed in their approved list?

Back