• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how would one water cool a dual CPU rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Creizai said:
I'm guessing your new to Water Cooling ...

You buy 2 Water Blocks

LOL :D

Here is the answer: You will probably consider what kind of blocks to buy. The dual mobo has very tight space so make sure the blocks you buy can fit in it. I recommend dual swiftech blocks (MCW5000As) or 2 Dtk TC4 will also work.

You need a high performance pump and heatercore. If your case is big enough to fit a capice then use it, chevy core otherwise. For the pump i recommend ehiem1250 if the blocks are restrictive (TC4) you can get by with swiftech MPC600 i think.

Anyway, i'm thinking going back to watercooling but i dont have time now. Hopefully i will get my dual watercooled in near future.

Oh, you should consider going series setup if the blocks are not restrictive (MCW5000)

MameXP said:

LOL :D

Here is the answer: You will probably consider what kind of blocks to buy. The dual mobo has very tight space so make sure the blocks you buy can fit in it. I recommend dual swiftech blocks (MCW5000As) or 2 Dtk TC4 will also work.

You need a high performance pump and heatercore. If your case is big enough to fit a capice then use it, chevy core otherwise. For the pump i recommend ehiem1250 if the blocks are restrictive (TC4) you can get by with swiftech MPC600 i think.

Anyway, i'm thinking going back to watercooling but i dont have time now. Hopefully i will get my dual watercooled in near future.

Oh, you should consider going series setup if the blocks are not restrictive (MCW5000)
dtek spiral is less restrictive than a tc4 i think (and cheap atm) pretty much any pair in series an mcp600 will be better than a 1250 i think ...

haha yea im new....wasnt too long ago when i heard of watercooling then all the crazy ones like phase changing (which i still dont know what it is) but thanx for the input

lclark2074 said:

yes and its a little more work but a lot cooler

more work?? I say more WEIGHT! Man how you move that thing....

its best if you build a external box then you can de-assemble it easier

Lothar has a really nice dual xeon cpu + gpu setup with swiftech blocks. Hopefully he drops buy sometime soon:)

I would also suggest the swiftech mcw5000 blocks and 3/8"ID 1/2"OD tubing vs 1/2" ID 3/4"OD tubing, mainly because 3/4" is a pain to route around, especially with 2 blocks really close to eachother.

Jon

Hi MadSkillzMan- I recommend Swiftec MCW5000 in series, get a heater core or BIX and the L30 pump.

DSCF0009.gif

Back