• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S800D-E DLX or P4C800-E DLX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i replied to your pm but to sum it up. if you want the best performer right now, get the p4c800-e deluxe. the bios on the p4s800d-e deluxe needs some revision, but it looks promising if your looking to save some money

edit: link to a thread with some of the issues

p4s800d-e deluxe is too new dont u think? new stuff usually has lots of problems :)

I returned my IC7 and put a deposit down for the Asus P4S800D-E deluxe... i should have it either tomorrow or the day after... I figured that I would rather get this mobo and the cordless optical keyboard and mouse from Microsoft then just the P4C800 E Deluxe. From all the reviews Ive seen, the P4S kicks P4C ars and its soo much cheaper in price. Plus, new mobos are gonna be coming out soon enough and so whats the point of unloading so much money for a board that will have such a short life span.

If the P4S has issues over 255 fsb... im in luck cause I couldnt get my 2.8c past 256fsb before on my p4p800.

it also has memory timing issues and sata issues, but once those are resolved (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease) it should be excellent

memory timings issues? in that case, u will be having trouble oc'ing?

yes i have. i am not an expert on memory yet, but im getting better thanks to this board. one of the memory timings (not sure which one) is stuck at 6 or 6t or something like that. i haven't been able to get a stable fsb over 230

read more about it here

edit: please note thats not me, its someone else with the problem. im just pretty sure why i can't my fsb over 230

Last edited:
I dont understand why some people have these probs with the mobo, while the reviews I saw on the board, the reviewers didnt have nay probs overclocking there boards. I wonder why.

Vio1, i guess with different parts, different outputs? different settings? :)

or the motherboard revisions are different and these new problems pop up after the reviews? also, if someone had good enough memory, im guessing they might not be affected by the problem

Ok,
I have had absolutley no probs overclocking with this board. I uped the fsb to 256 and Im running smoothly. I ran all the futuremark benchies and nothing is screwing up.

nice, is your DRAM Precharge Delay at 6T? i don't think my memory can handle it, but yours might be able to. what bios are you using? what rev motherboard

bios is 1002 and rev is 1.04

as to the DRAM Precharge Delay at 6T I havent checked...
Do you have any idea what cpu offset +0.1v is? or VID CMOS Setting or Advanced Hyperstreaming Engine, or performance mode are???

im not completely sure. i think the cpu offset is from the original bios where it was the only cpu voltage adjustment. im not sure about VID but i thought i read somewhere that it limits something if its changed. not sure about the others either. advanced hyperstreaming engine sounds like hyperthreading support, even though thats in a diff place.

nice, is your DRAM Precharge Delay at 6T? i don't think my memory can handle it, but yours might be able to. what bios are you using? what rev motherboard

maybe becoz his using pc3500 and ur using pc3200?

ciku said:

maybe becoz his using pc3500 and ur using pc3200?

that might be it.

How can I calculate what all those ram settings in the bios (ie 333mhz, 500mhz, etc) equal out.... i remember the P4P800 bios and it was simpler: 1:1, 5:4, or 3:2.....

yeah, im confused with the timings as well. in the HARDOCP review, it says that thats not the final speed, its the speed before the ratio, but i can't find a ratio anywhere. eh well, doesn't matter too much i guess since i still can't get higher that 230

Back