• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tired of green coolant in your tubes,change the color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grampa

extended life anto freeze is used in most newer cars,a few more bucks than the green stuff,but i like the color ,kinda of a red/orange depending on the brand,but dont mix green anti-freeze with it.makes it a little thick,not good:cool:

yep,thats what general motors calls it,dex-cool,they always want to change the name of things

I dyed the color of my water black (actually its a purple so dark that it just looks black) and my case is yellow inside, so if I get a leak, I'll see it even if it's a few drops.

eobard said:
I dyed the color of my water black (actually its a purple so dark that it just looks black) and my case is yellow inside, so if I get a leak, I'll see it even if it's a few drops.

dang, thas a cool idea.................might have to do something like that...........

If its leaks you want to find there is a dye that is used to find coolant leaks in automotive systems,you use an ultraviolet light to find the leak,anti-freeze in general shows up good in uv light,but with this dye there is no doubt where the leak is.That would go great with uv lighted cases. if you put on some of those yellow uv sunglasses then it realy shows up

Back